Original Xbox One Performance Boost?

HammersaurusRex

Before I ask my question, I must note that I know little to nothing about the topic at hand. I'm posting this for my own and others' information. Please use facts and evidence if you choose to comment. 

Anyway, onto the actual topic. 

My question is simply, is there any way to increase performance for Ark on Xbox? Specifically the original Xbox One. Like many others, I deal with frequent crashes, disconnects, and textures that won't load in properly. I am aware that some of these issues are due to the Xbox One's inferior processing power, compared to the One S and One X. 

Is there anything one could buy or do to help the Xbox run the game more effectively? Or are us OG Xbone players SoL?

Thanks in advance. 

Blow in the game slot, bang the top and try again.

Seriously though, we're SOL. You can manually turn off names every time you login (after the kicks :P ) and it helps a lot. I have to design my base knowing it will eventually lagg me out. Extinction is even worse, no matter where. 

The downside of playing console! Im trying to get a OneX soon myself, wont happen anytime soon though hah.

30 minutes ago, HammersaurusRex said:

I had completely forgotten you could disable tame names until your post. I have a large base with many tames, and noticed a noticeable frame rate increase immediately after turning off names. Thanks for the tip!

No problem :) Also try to cut down on lightpets (even having them disabled they lagg), light sources, particle effects etc

When do you experience the most kicks? Does it take more than two login attempts on average to log in your base first time of the day? If so, make a small logout shack safely away from your render of base. If you store all gear, then bedhop there to log every time you can bedhop back to base or just run there. (I suggest running, you run thr risk of kicks when bedhopping)

19 hours ago, d1nk said:

No problem :) Also try to cut down on lightpets (even having them disabled they lagg), light sources, particle effects etc

When do you experience the most kicks? Does it take more than two login attempts on average to log in your base first time of the day? If so, make a small logout shack safely away from your render of base. If you store all gear, then bedhop there to log every time you can bedhop back to base or just run there. (I suggest running, you run thr risk of kicks when bedhopping)

Believe it or not, I very rarely disconnect when loading in my base. I can teleport to and from my base with very few problems. 

The main issues I have are poorly loaded textures (at least 50% of the time) and seemingly completely random crashes. I crash very frequently around Viking Bay, and periodically whenever I'm on Extinction. I know Viking Bay crashes are a known problem, but anyone I talk to with a One X has no issues, unsurprisingly. Same goes for Extinction. 

I've found that rebooting Ark will prevent Extinction crashes for a time, though only for a short period. Almost seems as though its on a timer, as there is no warning or trigger to these crashes. 

I could even handle a crash here and there if it weren't for tame, structure, and landscape textures going out of whack constantly. If I could improve this in any way, it would make a world of a difference.

11 minutes ago, HammersaurusRex said:

Believe it or not, I very rarely disconnect when loading in my base. I can teleport to and from my base with very few problems. 

The main issues I have are poorly loaded textures (at least 50% of the time) and seemingly completely random crashes. I crash very frequently around Viking Bay, and periodically whenever I'm on Extinction. I know Viking Bay crashes are a known problem, but anyone I talk to with a One X has no issues, unsurprisingly. Same goes for Extinction. 

I've found that rebooting Ark will prevent Extinction crashes for a time, though only for a short period. Almost seems as though its on a timer, as there is no warning or trigger to these crashes. 

I could even handle a crash here and there if it weren't for tame, structure, and landscape textures going out of whack constantly. If I could improve this in any way, it would make a world of a difference.

I have noticed every one of those points as well, Extinction is just so big and so many landscape details / bubbles

My only bandaid is as you said, keeping a fresh booted xbox or ill hard reset before doing a task incase. The kicks are seemingly random but mostly near biome transitions and deep wasteland i notice.

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

I have noticed every one of those points as well, Extinction is just so big and so many landscape details / bubbles

My only bandaid is as you said, keeping a fresh booted xbox or ill hard reset before doing a task incase. The kicks are seemingly random but mostly near biome transitions and deep wasteland i notice.

I did some research, and came across an article that claimed connecting an SSD card to your Xbox can improve load times and performance? Is there any truth to that? The article is rather dated, but was said to be tested on the original Xbox One. 

Archived