unbound Ark: Survival Unbound (Prologue)

Oreochema

I remember the day I arrived on this island, the sensation of sand in my hair and the sound of waves in my ears. I remember my confusion as I discovered that I had been stolen away from my home to serve some unknown purpose, in an unknown place, full of unknown creatures I had never imagined could exist.

I remember my anger and my rage at whoever, or whatever, had forced this fate upon me.

I remember my terror when I encountered predators capable of snapping me up as though I were no more than an insect.

But I had forgotten what I am. Only some of my memories had survived the journey to this place, and while I have been able to recover them, they have brought their own dangers.

Still, I have found new purpose here, among the creatures of the island. I no longer struggle so fruitlessly to survive, thanks in no small part to the allies I’ve found along the way (may their flames always light my path). They taught me much of what I know and gave me knowledge that, unbeknownst to us at the time of our meeting, would ensure my freedom.

Now, I pass my story to you, should you wish to hear it….

[Author's Notes]

Alright, so first and foremost, this is woefully short because it was something that popped into my head when I originally wanted to start writing Survival Unbound. The second, and probably even more important point is that this is written in first person because that's how it felt best to write it, but the actual story will be third-person because I write better that way. The first chapter is underway, but I had to make some pretty major revisions to it, so it's not going up just yet.

EDIT: The Prologue will now being updated with each new chapter! Here you can find links to every part of the story I upload, just like a Table of Contents!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, Oreochema said:

I remember the day I arrived on this island, the sensation of sand in my hair and the sound of waves in my ears. I remember my confusion as I discovered that I had been stolen away from my home to serve some unknown purpose, in an unknown place, full of unknown creatures I had never imagined could exist.

I remember my anger and my rage at whoever, or whatever, had forced this fate upon me.

I remember my terror when I encountered predators capable of snapping me up as though I were no more than an insect.

But I had forgotten what I am. Only some of my memories had survived the journey to this place, and while I have been able to recover them, they have brought their own dangers.

Still, I have found new purpose here, among the creatures of the island. I no longer struggle so fruitlessly to survive, thanks in no small part to the allies I’ve found along the way (may their flames always light my path). They taught me much of what I know and gave me knowledge that, unbeknownst to us at the time of our meeting, would ensure my freedom.

Now, I pass my story to you, should you wish to hear it….

[Author's Notes]

Alright, so first and foremost, this is woefully short because it was something that popped into my head when I originally wanted to start writing Survival Unbound. The second, and probably even more important point is that this is written in first person because that's how it felt best to write it, but the actual story will be third-person because I write better that way. The first chapter is underway, but I had to make some pretty major revisions to it, so it's not going up just yet. :)

NOICE

Archived