Tell me what you like the most about Ark

Srinija

Well, I'm a big Dino nerd, so I love that there are Dinos to tame and ride. Mostly, I like that it's a "choose your own adventure" style game - if I feel like building one day, I can build awesome things. The next day I might go on a taming spree, or go looking for more explorer notes - it's all up to me. Given that this game is a big source of "chill out and shut my brain off" for me, I appreciate that aspect.

2 hours ago, Srinija said:

That actually amazing...

Thankyou. You can also throw 2 or 3 phiomia on the back, if you have a tribemate to force feed the stims its quite funny :P 

Nothing beats sitting in your base, a poop falls from the sky and you go "Hmm.. weird..." only to look.up and see 100 poops gently floating down to.you

(And me uptop doing "cheer" emote)

For all the faulty bugs, lag, and disconnect this is actually a well made game. 

It's always been a challenge to get a mmo 3d fancy with true color to work.  Not compromise with that crappy crayola world-of-warcraft/guild-wars cell-shading eyesore candy land look.  This game looks like Skyrim.  In some ways ASE looks more like Skyrim than ESO; which is also pretty but can get boring for all the node picking and quests that get you no where but more node picking and quests.  Ark has pretty lighting effects turning rivers to red or orange at certain times of the day etc. 

No limit on how many followers you can have.  FOLLOWERS THAT CAN FOLLOW FOLLOWERS THAT CAN FOLLOW FOLLOWERS!  WHAT OTHER GAME HAS THAT HUH?  500 pets free just catch them like a pokemon fetish.  And that's not all folks.  Paint your stuff.  Live where you want no irl charge (scrw you ArcheAge your quests were boring anyway).  Before you say I can't live where I want just note it sometimes takes a good bit of  looking and that is part of the fun. 

Less you let it make you mad then I guess this is not the game for you cause you gonna die a lot at first all Dark Souls like.

ASE's downside is it is very time consuming.  Say goodbye to irl life esp if you are a breeder.

There are a lot of up sides to ASE but I don't have time to list them because I'm  to busy playing ASE and that is the biggest compliment of all.  When people would rather play your game then yap on your forums all day then you prob made a good game.

What I like most about ARK is, I believe, the number of possibilities. There's something for everyone.

Me, I like to explore the beautiful landscape offered by the game, and build a small house.

And also, what I like most is probably the ecosystem. Every creature, every plant, every biome, everything has its importance to make the game live. This is a stroke of genius.

The story is also incredibly crazy. I almost cry at the end of Extinction. As you read through all of Explorer's Notes, you can see the incredibly complex story of the game. Nothing has been left to chance, all to a logical and rational explanation.

In short, if you ask me what I like in the game, I will probably answer the game itself.

What i like the most are the possibilities you can have in this game, you can built everything everywhere, you can tame and ride almost everything almost everywhere and everytime you start a new game, you can do something different. You can tame different dinos, you can build on different locations different buildings, you can breed dinos and get better dinos with different colors, if you are lucky. You can color almost everything. There are caves for a special challange, and with the cave loot you can get a feeling of satisfaction, because you found a 300 damage Shotgun BP or you just got the artifact and then you can go on with the next cave for the artifact or just for the loot.

And, the best part, if there is something you want to add in the game, you can just make it yourself. It is quite difficult, but its better than waiting for the developer to intigrate the feature. And if you understand how the editor works, you can make beautiful creations like Ragnarok or the Quetzalcoatlossaurus Rex.

Using the Gasbags to blast my friends around, including but not limited to their Managarmrs which fly away bigtime when they are gassed.  Wingsuiting off of the cliffs of the Fertile Zone in Aberration, gliding all the way down to the RockDrake nests in hopes of finding a good Drake Egg, somehow lucking out and getting a 175 Egg, then fighting my way out of the Rad Zone with my Megalo, a wingsuit, a cryopod, and climbing picks.  Finishing a weirdly epic base build when the last piece snaps together, ending weeks of frustrating fights with snappoints and broken, misplaced, wasted pieces.  Seeing a dino hatch at over level 260, a culmination of a month's worth of taming and breeding work on a new previously un-bred (for me) line of dino, as the stats meld and your new baby is now the new badass.

Too many things.  It's why alot of us are still here.

Love the game. Yeah has a lot of flaws but it brings things no other game does. I love how unique each Dino is and how you have to hunt and breed to get the stats and colours you want. There's endless potential and I genuinely hope they keep adding new dinos and ways we can improve/change them. I know folks would be against it but I really wouldn't mind cosmetics we could pay for to support the game continuing. 

Archived