New Update Did NOTHING for PGArks on Xbox

Ok so I saw the new update on Ark today and thought "maybe they finally fixed it." Nope, PGArks still crash to Xbox dashboard when at 4.6% generation. Well guess I'll spend some time on minecraft till this mess sorts itself out. Honestly I'd even be ok with a "we know of the problem and we're trying to find a solution." kind of statement, just something from WildCard at least acknowledging this problem exists and that people want it fixed.

PG ARKs are a feature very rarely used. I wouldn't bet anything on this being resolved, or the UI for it being changed.
The crashing is coming from the fact that consoles have absolutely abysmal specs and typically run out of memory while generating the map, causing a crash.
I've played ARK on both an Xbox One, and an Xbox One X. Spoiler, don't buy the X. Also on xbox obviously if a file (like a save file on ARK) ever gets corrupted, which is fairly common issue on xbox that the devs have not acknowledged still. It's random, and there's no way to prevent it, since you don't have ways to back up files on Xbox. I'd say you should save money for a PC since Wildcard seems to care a lot more about their game on PC. I'm just saying that if you want a good ARK experience, since nobody will ever get one on console.

Yeah well I prefer consoles over PC, they're easier to use, and don't run the risk of viruses, which by the way PC is notorious for. I wonder if I delete my ARK, and all of the data relating to it on my Xbox then reinstall it if it will work. I used to play PGARKs all the time on my Xbox and either the Winter Wonderland Update or Extinction update seem to have broken the feature. It doesn't matter if it's rarely used, it's an intended feature and should be treated with the same amount of care and respect as every other aspect of the game.

Honestly I don't see WC fixing this. They seem to be so ignorant or just flat out uncaring for the majority of ARKs problems, that the odds for PGARKs getting a fix is basically 0. I don't want it to be but WildCard has in my eyes proven themselves as  dev team that just doesn't care about quality control.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:34 AM, Tekolodon said:

Yeah well I prefer consoles over PC, they're easier to use, and don't run the risk of viruses, which by the way PC is notorious for. I wonder if I delete my ARK, and all of the data relating to it on my Xbox then reinstall it if it will work. I used to play PGARKs all the time on my Xbox and either the Winter Wonderland Update or Extinction update seem to have broken the feature. It doesn't matter if it's rarely used, it's an intended feature and should be treated with the same amount of care and respect as every other aspect of the game.

Wow, this is by far the most invalid argument I have ever seen. Do you have any idea how much easier it is to hack a Microsoft account over a Steam account? I've been hacked, DDoSed, even my account stolen one time on Xbox, so you can't be saying that "PC's are notorious for viruses" because you won't actually ever get one unless you click the wrong link or use Windows 8.1. Xbox's can also be J-tagged very easily (Aka jailbreaking) meaning you can use a lot of nasty hacks on other people, although a lot of games do detect this. On pc, Steam accounts are VERY difficult to hack due to the extra security measures that Valve added recently. But, if you want to get into the pissing match with me about what is better, I won't do it here, since this a public forum, and since it's against CoC. But, I will gladly do it over something else like Discord. (i'm not saying you should do it, that's your choice if you want to. I'm not trying to provoke an argument, i'm just saying I'm not gonna do it on a public forum.) Now, as to the easier to use part, well, you're not entirely wrong there, but there is a lot of reasons that consoles fall way behind PC. The lack of development quality on a lot of games compared to their PC counterparts is one of the biggest reasons. And then we have just the poor visuals and mediocre fps on consoles as well. Few games run above 30fps on consoles unless it's an old game or a racing game.
Also one thing I've noticed is that they seem to fix a lot of the major bugs on ARK on pc compared to where many of those major bugs on Xbox go either unaddressed or only get fixed after many months.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:03 AM, Level4Gaming said:

Wow, this is by far the most invalid argument I have ever seen. Do you have any idea how much easier it is to hack a Microsoft account over a Steam account? I've been hacked, DDoSed, even my account stolen one time on Xbox, so you can't be saying that "PC's are notorious for viruses" because you won't actually ever get one unless you click the wrong link or use Windows 8.1. Xbox's can also be J-tagged very easily (Aka jailbreaking) meaning you can use a lot of nasty hacks on other people, although a lot of games do detect this. On pc, Steam accounts are VERY difficult to hack due to the extra security measures that Valve added recently. But, if you want to get into the pissing match with me about what is better, I won't do it here, since this a public forum, and since it's against CoC. But, I will gladly do it over something else like Discord. (i'm not saying you should do it, that's your choice if you want to. I'm not trying to provoke an argument, i'm just saying I'm not gonna do it on a public forum.) Now, as to the easier to use part, well, you're not entirely wrong there, but there is a lot of reasons that consoles fall way behind PC. The lack of development quality on a lot of games compared to their PC counterparts is one of the biggest reasons. And then we have just the poor visuals and mediocre fps on consoles as well. Few games run above 30fps on consoles unless it's an old game or a racing game.
Also one thing I've noticed is that they seem to fix a lot of the major bugs on ARK on pc compared to where many of those major bugs on Xbox go either unaddressed or only get fixed after many months.

You just can’t help yourself can you? Do you just spend all of your forum time looking for Xbox posts to tell people how much better PC is? Such a community player.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, Level4Gaming said:

Not gonna lie I stopped reading after the first sentence. Take your PC elitism elsewhere that's not the topic of this thread.

Archived