Breeding Dodos

Srinija

If you want big dodo you need to keep breeding size 1+ it took me about 4 days to break size 2, without missing a breeding chance except when I was sleeping. You know once you hit size 2, because then you can imprint without candy.   there is no way to know final size till it's matured. But there are visual clues. When they hatch, if you have two side by side you can kind of compare them, and you can see if it's at least larger or smaller than another.

I have a ramp set off center, and when they walk down the path from the incubator to the corral, the bigger babies can just walk over the snap point, but the smaller omes get stuck for about 30 seconds.

Even if you do breed big, you need to consider stats. Dodo don't have much carry weight, so you need to breed that at least enough to hold your weight.

Getting big dodo appears to be a long mini breeding game.

No it's just frustrating, because instead of normal breeding which has no size, dodo do.. which means you can get an ideal prodginey but a smallest size possible... Vice versa or even opposite twins... Whats frustrating is when a big one hatches like you know it's gonna be big... But it's got the lowest stats and level possible... Darwin was wrong.

Starting to suspect female is responsible for size in some way more than make.

This is one aspect that single player definitely makes more difficult. The cool down and raising times becomes a big chore when everything stops when I exit the game. So right now I’m waiting on three baby dodos to grow up and can’t do anything until I find out how big they are. So I have to sit down play the game until they are done. Same thing for breeding cool down times. I can’t just log off and come back to dodos ready to be mated. I have to sit and wait. 

Anyways...I’m getting closer to 3.0. My breeding male is 2.22. My female herd is catching up.  It seems that this goes in jumps. I’ve been stalled out between 1.8 to 2.2 for a while. I feel like I’m trending towards the 2.0 and 2.2 and all of a sudden I’ll start getting females close to 3.0. 

Im at 2.50 -2.60..  i had to split the gene pool bred one color for size and one color for stats and size. 

This helps control the size increase because im using a static studed line with a static female line. So its always increasing. 

Then i use my green ones to breed for a stud with size and stats. Once the green blood line is static on a stud, ill breed them with the purple size line and have one gene pool again. 

One thing i noticed is you can leap frog the sizes, it just takes a few breeds to get what tou want. 

If i have a female say size 2.60 and a new mle say 1.10 chances are you can get a 1.13 ish or a 2.63ish.. 

I also steralize all but ny largest static male and female. Males i take out in a heard and wreck stuff.. 

One doesnt do much damage... But a heard of mated bonded males in rage does some scary stuff.

If your on single player use the time warp to emulate the peristant world effect.

At this point I’m doing all I can to breed for size. I had a color mutation but decided it would take me to long to get all of my dodos that color and dropped it. I’m currently in the high 2s. I believe my largest is 2.62. 

Time warp...I’ve never heard of this function. How do I use it and where do I find it?  I don’t use god console if that’s how to use it. I do sleep at night whenever possible to advance time. 

Its god console. You can always dye a potent dust with a color blotch, by dragging It over the dust then putting it in the tames inventory and remote use. 

It takes a lot to get to the accent colors. They need a better dye system. Shouldn't cost a potent dust to change colors, esp when we need it for so much more. 

Im still waiting on maturation on my morning breeds.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, Rocketraptor said:

Personally im at 15.2  because my friend is in Asia right now so he does a shift then I do a shift an easy way to get big dodos is to breed dodos within a 0.10 range of each other’s size this will give you a high chance to get bigger dodos

On 7/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, Tocashi said:

I thought the max size was 3.5, could you post a pic?

Sizes larger than 3.5 are only possible via modifying game files which is against the ToS and can cause instability in builds. So hacks and cheats basically. 

• 10 months later...

Archived