can't wait for dedicated storage

dodogal

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

So what does it do and what size is it for us non-beta/console players?

Vault sized?

it's fairly small

you can have two on a foundation

over with the dozens of vaults to store wood, stone etc, over with the dozens of mules to store thatch, hide etc....

this is going to make warehousing so much better

17 hours ago, dodogal said:

it's fairly small

you can have two on a foundation

over with the dozens of vaults to store wood, stone etc, over with the dozens of mules to store thatch, hide etc....

this is going to make warehousing so much better

Oh ok thanks! .. just as I expanded my vault capacity by fourfold too hahah

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

Dedicated storage is one of the life-changing solutions that makes playing for a good amount of time worth it when you finally get your hands on some good storage. It's a recreation of the smile you get on your face that time when you first got your hands on a metal vault. Remember that feeling?

Yes I do!! The feeling of safety. Nothing short of a Titan can destroy it.. so nice.

2 hours ago, cyber4life said:

How many slots in new storage? And will it come to official?

as much as 6 mules (6x300)

as much as 5+ vaults, but much much smaller than one

and it is being tested in beta right now , so yes it is an upcoming addition

but the question is when? so  anxiously  needing this, hope it won't take weeks ?

not 100% sure but on the feedback thread they say ammonite bile was removed from reqs

I don't get why it was such a big deal though, you can farm AB fairly easily in the underwater caves of the island with a basilosaurus, and upload your boxes to other maps, really not that hard, and it's worth all the trouble

3 hours ago, dodogal said:

as much as 6 mules (6x300)

as much as 5+ vaults, but much much smaller than one

and it is being tested in beta right now , so yes it is an upcoming addition

but the question is when? so  anxiously  needing this, hope it won't take weeks ?

The original S+ dedicated storage has 10,000 slots. So with a stack size of 100 you can store 1,000,000 of one item.

11 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Does any of you realize two things?

It needs ammomite biles to make unless it would no longer br a requirement at the full nonbeta release. Seconldy, you would need element sincw its tek tier and a replicator as well.

Im fine with that. Not everything should be readily accessable to everyone. This isna huge game changer to material storage so it makes sense to have it gated behind tek.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Im fine with that. Not everything should be readily accessable to everyone. This isna huge game changer to material storage so it makes sense to have it gated behind tek.

True, but still. What I meant is people who either aren't playing island map, or don't want to use transfer feature (since item spoil timer continues to tick down even when inside till it reaches 00:00)

3 hours ago, Reckless12 said:

S+ will have those

We are talking about S+ Integration, not purely S+ Mod.

6 hours ago, Vaculity said:

True, but still. What I meant is people who either aren't playing island map, or don't want to use transfer feature (since item spoil timer continues to tick down even when inside till it reaches 00:00)

there's no more ammonite bill in the reqs...

and even if it was still a req, there would still be a way without a base on the island

1. upload a basilosaurus and tek replicator to the island

2. farm bile on the west underwater cave

3. use tek replicator and quickly build your storage boxes

4. with the 30 seconds pickup timer you should have the time to pick your tek replicator once done

5. reupload everything to the map where you play

ultimately dedicated storages are truly worth any trouble you would go through to get them, they're really OP

1 hour ago, dodogal said:

there's no more ammonite bill in the reqs...

and even if it was still a req, there would still be a way without a base on the island

1. upload a basilosaurus and tek replicator to the island

2. farm bile on the west underwater cave

3. use tek replicator and quickly build your storage boxes

4. with the 30 seconds pickup timer you should have the time to pick your tek replicator once done

5. reupload everything to the map where you play

ultimately dedicated storages are truly worth any trouble you would go through to get them, they're really OP

Haha good luck doing that in 30 sec :P

And i dont think the pickup timer actually works on tek stuff.

Archived