Xbox to PC switch on a crossark server

FateOwnzyou

I currently play ark on an Xbox with 18 members in my tribe.
I play on a crossark server cluster (which I read is for xbox and PC players)

im about 6 months into building our base and breeding, and Ive been wanting to switch to PC, so I ordered a PC a couple days ago to be delivered to my house. Im hoping that once i get i should be able to keep my same ark account and stay on this server (crossark). Ive talked to my tribe and alot of them say its not possible to play on our servers with a pc. But then why is it a crossark then?

im just a little confused on the topic... would I have to get ark through windows 10 version? or steam version? 

and its fine if I wouldnt be able to keep my level 119 account, I can get those levels back in time if I restart a new account, but If i could atleast play on this server thatd be awesome. I kinda jumped into buying a pc way before figuring this answer out. Being on a cross ark server cluster, can i play on it with same tribe on a PC? or did i just spend $1900 on a PC for no reason lol? anyone have any information on this? would be hugely helpful

• 6 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lycan187u said:

Yes sadly u can enter smalltribes an cross play servers only on offical not cross ark  servers  ?

Thank you!  I've been searching for this topic since switching from the Steam version of Ark to the the Windows 10 Store version of Ark.  This is the first mention I've found. 

So... where is the larger discussion of why Windows 10 can't play on any cross ark clusters?  Steam and Xbox have plenty of Cross Ark clusters.  Windows 10 Play store has ZERO.  Why?!?   (And please note that I'm talking about "Cross Ark" NOT "Cross Play" here.)

Also... why are so few servers open to Windows 10??  I want to play Official Dedicated PVP... I want to play "The Island" Map... I'll stick with North America... and the only servers available are six "small tribes" and one "Cross Play"... that's IT?!?  Compared to Steam and XBox that's a pathetic list.  And most importantly... no CrossArk clusters.

1 minute ago, Bronann said:

1) So... where is the larger discussion of why Windows 10 can't play on any cross ark clusters?  Steam and Xbox have plenty of Cross Ark clusters.  Windows 10 Play store has ZERO.  Why?!?   (And please note that I'm talking about "Cross Ark" NOT "Cross Play" here.)

2) Also... why are so few servers open to Windows 10??  I want to play Official Dedicated PVP... I want to play "The Island" Map... I'll stick with North America... and the only servers available are six "small tribes" and one "Cross Play"... that's IT?!?  Compared to Steam and XBox that's a pathetic list.  And most importantly... no CrossArk clusters.

1) Windows 10 can only play on official cross-play servers that are labelled as such, but somehow small tribes also.

2) The issue here is the lack of anti-cheat on Xbox to detect potential cheaters playing on PC. Until Microsoft can implement an anti-cheat that works on both platforms, cross-play won’t open up to the rest of the official network, and the cross-play servers will remain region locked.

keep in mind the windows 10 store version can only play with xbox players and other windows 10 store version players, they can not play with steam players at all.  So if you wanted to play with both steam players and xbox players you would have to have two different versions of the game, and could only play with one of the other.

steam version -> steam version.
windows 10 version -> windows 10 version or xbox.

Archived