Is it trolling?

QuantumLeap187

After going through many servers and spawning inside people's massive bases. I decided enough was enough. I built a small thatch building inside someone else's base. I recently just bought the game and decided to play pvE after being brutally wiped out in pvP. But playing in pvE is much worse! You can't play on any server. So many pillars everywhere and extremely massive bases that take over one side of the map. I'd decided to just build my base inside someone else's massive base because I cat get out. So... My question.. is this considered trolling? I mean I feel like I'm getting trolled by not being able to play on any pvE server because of these monsterous bases.

8 minutes ago, QuantumLeap187 said:

After going through many servers and spawning inside people's massive bases. I decided enough was enough. I built a small thatch building inside someone else's base. I recently just bought the game and decided to play pvE after being brutally wiped out in pvP. But playing in pvE is much worse! You can't play on any server. So many pillars everywhere and extremely massive bases that take over one side of the map. I'd decided to just build my base inside someone else's massive base because I cat get out. So... My question.. is this considered trolling? I mean I feel like I'm getting trolled by not being able to play on any pvE server because of these monsterous bases.

I don't understand if you are asking if what you are doing is trolling (building inside their base) or them claiming a lot of land is trolling.  Claiming a lot of land is not "trolling" (I guess there are ways it could be trolling, but they are more specific) but is against the game's Code of Conduct, and reportable/actionable.  Building inside someone else's base is a grey area, because the only way it is actionable is if one party can 100% prove they were built there first.  At that point it doesn't matter how big or small a base is, if someone beat you there and has a big/small base, their only offense is that they have played longer than you.

On a server I play on, there is a guy that has a dino trap set up.  It's a very small area, not hurting anyone, and been there forever.  A foreign box-tribe has ringed in the poor guys' entire trap with behemoth gates, and has it surrounded with Brontos so it cannot be used.  The guy that built the trap was for sure there first, but what is support supposed to do?  It is hard for support to enforce the rules on the foreign box-tribes, and it turns into a case of words VS words.  This is opposite of the situation you are explaining, but hopefully illustrates the challenge in any kind of rule-enforcement the team might face.

3 minutes ago, Zen00 said:

A. There's plenty of space to build, you're just not very good at finding it. Get a ptera.

B. Yes it's trolling and you could get a ban for it.

'A' is good advice.  There is a lot of land.  It's not easy to get mobile, in some zones it is very difficult.  But land is out there.

yes that is trolling and at the very least will get your hut wiped if not you banned.  plus will give you a very bad rep on said server.  so dont expect any help from the community.  now if you where smart you would make friends with the community and if its anything like my server people would help you get started.

If you SPAWNED inside their base I can't see how this would be trolling as they have built on a spawn location which bad to begin with.

And if they have such a huge area that you can build well sorry don't see how that could cause problems.

If anything, if I was a GM, I would have a few words to say to the person that built the base.

But this is why I have given up on official, a lot more hassle then it is worth.

14 hours ago, blueskies7204 said:

yes that is trolling and at the very least will get your hut wiped if not you banned.  plus will give you a very bad rep on said server.  so dont expect any help from the community.  now if you where smart you would make friends with the community and if its anything like my server people would help you get started.

We've helped plenty of of people find somewhere to build to start out. So much room on the map, some people just don't want to look. 

Archived