Unable to build pipes on a well Or a pipe intake

Vairix

So I am on a custom server being hosted by my friend, it is pvp, but outside of that as far as I can tell the server settings are pretty standard. That being said when I try to build pipes on a well (not using the intake, using vertical horizontal as the wiki says) it won't let me build, it just stays red and makes the lovely noise when I try to. 

I then attempted to build a water intake under the red obelisk but was also unable to.

What do I need to do to either be able to build or check that I have the right permissions, server settings etc?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Vairix said:

So I am on a custom server being hosted by my friend, it is pvp, but outside of that as far as I can tell the server settings are pretty standard. That being said when I try to build pipes on a well (not using the intake, using vertical horizontal as the wiki says) it won't let me build, it just stays red and makes the lovely noise when I try to. 

I then attempted to build a water intake under the red obelisk but was also unable to.

What do I need to do to either be able to build or check that I have the right permissions, server settings etc?

I believe your server have the no-build volumes enabled. Add this to your command line:

?EnableExtraStructurePreventionVolumes=false

Archived