Best Dinos for bosses

loser99punk

My BOSS Fight Strategy are as follows:

Daedon Heal isn't enough & makes too little a difference. Better bring in another power dino to increase DPS & shorten boss fight time. More the fight extends, harder is the chance to win. My tip is, go fast & hard, full guns blazing. 1 Yuty is always needed in a fight except maybe against King Titan.

1. Broodmother - Megatheriums(specialized) or Rexes. 19 of them & a Yuty. Alpha Brood has extreme health & damage. Go for high health setups over high melee. Opposite of Dragon.
  2. Megatherium - Comparatively Easy even on Alpha. Just take 19 Rex + Yuty. He's the best way to farm Element LOL.
  3. Dragon - Gamma with Rex/Theri. Beta & Alpha with preferably Theri + cakes. Rexes will suffer lot of casualties. 
    Dragon has Fire breath, a % based attack. Hence, army should be levelled more towards melee than health.
  4. Tek Cave & Overseer - 18 Rex/Theri/Allo. 2 Yuty or 1 Yuty & a Thylacoleo/Megalania(sacrificial to lure out & drop Dinos in Lava). Allo & Theri are better at naviagting the cave but Rex is the best choice for the fight with high health. Opposite of Brood.
    Special reason is, when getting stunned by a Purlovia jump, Microraptor in cave or by Overseer while riding a Rex, you will still be on top of saddle, safe place if you ask me.
  5. Manticore - Rex(has more torpor) is better than Wyvern(powerful but may be knocked out).
  6. Rockwell - Megalosaurus (simple)
  7. Forest/Desert/Snow Titan - Haven't faced yet. Will update comment once I know more.
  8. King Titan - the 3 Titans, a Mega MEK & an army of Rexes. Giga can also be used but I don't like blue-on-blue with their rage mechanic.

Personally, I have completed all bosses on Island with Rexes & a Yuty. Will also go Manticore with Rex coz I have 103 armor Ascendant saddle.

1 minute ago, M1gic said:

I´d say rex´s above 300 lvl with 700-800% base damage but I hear that people also use a lot of theriz, battle argents "whatever that means" and many other dinos. imo, yutyrannus is A MUST in boss fights!

Definitely. Argy can only be used against Titan & Manticore & honestly, for a flyer, Wyverns are better. But Rexes, Tickle Chickens & a Terror Chicken is a must.

Just now, Freespirit said:

Definitely. Argy can only be used against Titan & Manticore & honestly, for a flyer, Wyverns are better. But Rexes, Tickle Chickens & a Terror Chicken is a must.

I wouldn´t say that wyverns are a good idea since they can kill you easily and they have to be mounted if you want less chances of friendly fire kills. from my experience, we´ve used rex´s only in alpha rag boss fights, center alpha and never been an issue, on abbe boss, we used drakes + shotgun, it was fun ride!

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, Anarki said:

Sorry I dont. Tribemates have done the trades with him for the eggs, and they are so worth it. 

Get posting and soon youll access the trading section.

I would suggest not getting them from anyone else who offers as the work is his own and its right for him to get his work recognised. Ill link him here, and maybe he will get in touch - @bertnoobians

I found him and bought from him, thank you very much!

How much hp should Yuty have to assume that I can get a saddle 80-90 armor vs Broodmother gamma to alpha. It will support 19 rexes with 40k hp and 800-1000 dmg. Is there a sense of leveling rexes above 50k hp or even over 40k? How far you can get with just the rexes, I probably will not be able to collect another therizino band, etc. From what I have read here, Broodmother and Megapithecus should be possible.

6 hours ago, hubo said:

How much hp should Yuty have to assume that I can get a saddle 80-90 armor vs Broodmother gamma to alpha.

I would recommend pushing hp as far as you can  (50k is not too much) if you have at least 2000 stamina.

We did well with 55k/750 dmg rexes against Gamma and Beta Broodmother, same with all Monkeys. We managed to defeat Alpha Broodmother with same setup, but lost 3-4 rexes. However, we had 45-50 armour saddles. I believe with better ones you can easily defeat Alpha Brood. Or if you have more dmg, that can also work.

Two days ago we killed Gamma Dragon with 19 100-120k hp and 1500-2000 melee, and we also had a Roar Chicken. No losses, but rexes suffered greatly. Some of them were at 30% hp.

This all happened on Official Legacy server.

I am a bit surprised because I thought that going above 40k is not necessary. So Yuty, except for the spending of several points in stamina, should be leveled in pure hp (I have 10k and 14k imprinting unleveled), if i'll put every point in hp it will be ~54% per 10 levels, its possible to get it very high hp. Is his debuff not scaled in any way with dmg? I have daeodon, which was rised for food statistic. He got around 22k food, an 9.5k stamina (imprinting unleveled). I have many points to spend but i am scared how to properly distribute points. From one point of view, food is neccesary for healing, but dead one will not be healing anymore. Daeodon probably (and Yuty either) should have a rider to avoid attacks from the boss. Is Daeodon healing skill scaling with anything (only food for longer healing)?

1 hour ago, Geneweave said:

Two days ago we killed Gamma Dragon with 19 100-120k hp and 1500-2000 melee, and we also had a Roar Chicken. No losses, but rexes suffered greatly. Some of them were at 30% hp.

This all happened on Official Legacy server.

We also killed gamma dragon a couple days ago. We used 21k hp and +-700melee rexes and a yuti. No need for that much hp for dragon, since its fire breath does a percentage dmg anyway.

5 hours ago, hubo said:

I am a bit surprised because I thought that going above 40k is not necessary.

It keeps Yuty alive. Anyway, what else to spend it on? Stam is not necessarily, you won't even use your 2k. Damage? You're a buffer, not a damage dealer.

5 hours ago, hubo said:

Is his debuff not scaled in any way with dmg?

If you mean 'scary roar', I do not think so. I also doubt his buff scales, either.

5 hours ago, hubo said:

but dead one will not be healing anymore

I strictly recommend against taking it to the battle. It can die easily, it will lose all the food almost instantly, and it will not heal fast enough due to the range (animals are usually kinda scattered, and in the very middle, which is the best place to heal, is some badass boss).

Well, I might not have good data, my pig is at 80k food (just wild tamed), but it starves within literally 20 sec of healing 19 rexes. Don't think they get more than 2-3k each, and it was just between battles, they were close to each other.

Archived