Best Dinos for bosses

loser99punk

So I've been looking to solo bosses and figured I should research before I start breeding an army. I've come to the conclusion that a few Dinos are key to bosses and was just wondering if someone could give me input.

Megas for broodmother seems important, Rex's seem used for all bosses,daedons or whatever are helpful but seem like with me being alone they would be useless, a solid yuti is what I think I'll mount to boost the others but could any other Dinos be used? Maybe tanks or the celling hanging hell lizards? Or scariest of all could I use tickle chickens?

Therizinos rock for the dragon - the cake heal is so nice. Rexes for Ape & Megatheriums for spider. Solo I'd go in on a Yuti & whistle the others, you'll want that buff. 100% imprinted attack team OC, and good saddles - minimum 70 armour, better if you can manage it. I only use Daeodons for healling between fights, don't take them in to the arena - we're a tribe of 3, so not all that different from doing the bosses solo as most of the team are whistled.

Thanks I just found that cake recipe and wow that's helpful especially considering I have a huge farm. @Tiger I am glad you said something bc I was worried after playing Conan Exiles that bosses would have ridiculous high health and just aren't viable on solo.  Seems like the first step to ascending is Def getting two high lvl Rex's.

Depends on which map you are attempting the bosses. On Center and Rag, we have completed Alpha Brood/Ape and Dragon with 15 Rexes and a Yuty. I ride the Yuty (not imprinted to me) and tribemate rides the lead Rex. With the Yuty buff, Brood/Ape is ridiculously easy. Dragon was a bit more of a challlenge as its a patience game until it lands and then you nuke it. Take out the Golems when they come and rinse and repeat. 

The Theriz do have the bonus for healing with a veggie cake but again, if you get a decent set of Rexes you wont have any issues (you can get Bert Noobians 702MD eggs cheap from him or even pay for the nice 809MD eggs - just look him up in the trading section). 

Island I believe is a lot harder and you will want Theriz.

I'd say 19 rexes and 1 yuty for broodmother ,megapitecus and manticore. 19 therizinos and 1 yuty for dragon with cakes in theriz's inventory.Also note that therizinos should not be over 21k hp since that is the cap where cake heals the best and they wouldn't heal more if they had over 21k  they'd just get more damage from flaming  breath since it takes  % of hp.

I managed to solo apha bosses on official servers with these dinos. But don't be fooled dragon is very very hard to pull off you might want to have friends close. And I do recommend you bring stronger dinos to arena with high armor saddles. you can't really defeat higher difficulty bosses with 150lvl tames. 

40k hp 800 melee rexes with 90 armor saddles

21k hp 1000 melee therizinos with 120 armor saddles

a yuty with 2kish stam and every other lvl  up avaliable used into into it's hp with a best saddle you can find (doesnt really matter if you can avoid being hit)

is what I used for alpha difficulties.

Also if you're looking a scale of difficulty for bosses I'd say it's : Megapitecus<Manticore<Broodmother<Dragon

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Anarki said:

Depends on which map you are attempting the bosses. On Center and Rag, we have completed Alpha Brood/Ape and Dragon with 15 Rexes and a Yuty. I ride the Yuty (not imprinted to me) and tribemate rides the lead Rex. With the Yuty buff, Brood/Ape is ridiculously easy. Dragon was a bit more of a challlenge as its a patience game until it lands and then you nuke it. Take out the Golems when they come and rinse and repeat. 

The Theriz do have the bonus for healing with a veggie cake but again, if you get a decent set of Rexes you wont have any issues (you can get Bert Noobians 702MD eggs cheap from him or even pay for the nice 809MD eggs - just look him up in the trading section). 

Island I believe is a lot harder and you will want Theriz.

Do you have Bert's steam name? I can't locate by searching  and can't view trading section yet :(

I use 6 rexes (no yuti) for easy monkey. 14 rexes for medium monkey (no yuti) I don't do hard, I'll do a medium and and couple easy monkeys, easier than getting the rare spino sails that take an hour to get 5 on my server. I am currently trying to mute megatheriums to do spider, and then I'll be trying different tames just for the fun of it. 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:29 AM, Kris72 said:

Do you have Bert's steam name? I can't locate by searching  and can't view trading section yet :(

Sorry I dont. Tribemates have done the trades with him for the eggs, and they are so worth it. 

Get posting and soon youll access the trading section.

I would suggest not getting them from anyone else who offers as the work is his own and its right for him to get his work recognised. Ill link him here, and maybe he will get in touch - @bertnoobians

I've been struggling to do the alpha Brood solo with Theriz and 1 Yuty. I keep getting killed while on the Yuty as all the Theriz will attack from 1 direction so the spiders all come around them to attack me. Any advice on how to prevent this? I am riding the Yuty, with the Theriz on neutral and whistling 'Attack this target'.

Theriz Base lvl is 233 and usually get about 20,000HP (with around 20 cakes each)

I've lost all the tames 3 times (which isn't too bad as i have quite high breed rates)
Also I have another server in my cluster which is extinction, is there any new Dino's on there which would be better?

On Monday, February 04, 2019 at 4:37 AM, Anarki said:

Sorry I dont. Tribemates have done the trades with him for the eggs, and they are so worth it. 

Get posting and soon youll access the trading section.

I would suggest not getting them from anyone else who offers as the work is his own and its right for him to get his work recognised. Ill link him here, and maybe he will get in touch - @bertnoobians

@BertNoobians FTFY @Anarki

oh didnt see this thread until now. tx for the nice words.

i still use 16940 584 on monkey, i did it last week for my server to get everybody the tek bins en generator unlocked.
the cheap 21780 760 i sell should take on bm alpha easily solo. boosted by yuty of course.
if i see the post count of everybody then you should all have access to the for trade section, it gets unlocked at around 10 posts i think.

2 hours ago, Blindboy1990 said:

I've been struggling to do the alpha Brood solo with Theriz and 1 Yuty. I keep getting killed while on the Yuty as all the Theriz will attack from 1 direction so the spiders all come around them to attack me. Any advice on how to prevent this? I am riding the Yuty, with the Theriz on neutral and whistling 'Attack this target'.

Theriz Base lvl is 233 and usually get about 20,000HP (with around 20 cakes each)

I've lost all the tames 3 times (which isn't too bad as i have quite high breed rates)
Also I have another server in my cluster which is extinction, is there any new Dino's on there which would be better?

You need to bring some Megatheroum in, they do mega dmg. Even just one following you, whistle aggressive when spiders come.out then attack my.target when they subside

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

You need to bring some Megatheroum in, they do mega dmg. Even just one following you, whistle aggressive when spiders come.out then attack my.target when they subside

Thanks! I've lost a set of those before too?. but the ones i have are only 218 at the moment. I've not been breeding them correctly so messed up the mutations.
Didn't think about setting aggressive so will will give that a try ?

49 minutes ago, Blindboy1990 said:

Thanks! I've lost a set of those before too?. but the ones i have are only 218 at the moment. I've not been breeding them correctly so messed up the mutations.
Didn't think about setting aggressive so will will give that a try ?

Because im console we dont have fancy targetted whistle commands, when I do solo bosses ill alternate between aggressive and attack this target whistles, once BM is surrounded you will have spider aggro, i usually run around her spamming agg. Whistle and some of the theri will break off turn around and help with spiders, then whistle back.

Also, yuty fear helps a lot with spiders (extra dmg taken and sometimds they run away from fear)

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Because im console we dont have fancy targetted whistle commands, 

On PS4 you do indeed have tame ordering groups and pretty much every whistle available on PC.

I do admit that Yes you have to push some weird combination of buttons that make using them impractical in the heat of battle

9 minutes ago, Rattasaur said:

On PS4 you do indeed have tame ordering groups and pretty much every whistle available on PC.

I do admit that Yes you have to push some weird combination of buttons that make using them impractical in the heat of battle

Yep I didnt say that, only that we cant target our whistle commands like PC can. A lot easier to use it that way, you can move the theri or megas around just by whistles and keybind groups for switching between, which we cant do. Takes 3-4 seconds sometimes to switch a group and the attack this target / move here keybind for console it all sorts of buggy. 

Not that im complaining, really. I know what to expect for console, was just pointing it out. Hopefully ARK can become compatible with Xbox's new KBM support, id love a keyboard just for simple commands (hopefully we can get some sort of hotkey system suchas PC with this)

as soon as the mods see that this has become a for sale thread then it will be locked/deleted.
we are only allowed to trade in the designated forum section which will be unlocked if you are a little bit active on the forum.

5 hours ago, SavageK3T said:

any chance i can buy an egg? don't have trading unlocked yet @Bert Noobians

Archived