What do things do if they can't get to you?

Peteed1

what do dire wolf and sabertooth and dinosaurs do if you agro them and you run into your house that they can't damage and they can't get through the door? Dododex says direwolf and sabertooth can't damage stone and can't get through door frame

I ask because i'm curious if I can run into my house and shoot them through the doorway while they can't touch me at all as a viable way to tame.

If you deal enough torpor to them they’ll start to run away. Also you’d need at least one (more depending on how big your base is) door/window on every side of the house, otherwise they could end up on the other side of your base and then you won’t be able to shoot the. A taming pen would probably be more efficient (put ramps going up one of the sides, they’ll chase you in but they won’t be able to get out). 

This is a viable method, for sure. Be wary of stuff near the wall / clipped into it slightly ((smithy..)) might get damaged still

As above mentioned, this is how taming pens work..but backwards :P For direwolves or sabres simply snap together a 2x1 with a door, no roof and either a dino gate (making it 2x2) or an empty fence foudation ( snap wall after to trap them in) 

Alternativley you can throw a ramp.up one side and let them chase you to a fall trap. 

Better to not risk your house. This also 98% guarantees nothing will attack the tame while taming 

Archived