Basilisk texture render bug

Level4Gaming

So I have recently noticed with the basilisk, you get only a couple of feet away from it, and it's texture/mesh un-loads (or stops fully rendering) and goes partially polygonal (somewhat like when a dino stops rendering fully on Xbox when the machine starts running out of resources). This is most noticeable when you stand behind it, it looks a bit like a crumpled piece of paper. (I cannot upload a file, due to file size limitations.) I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, and it's a very minor bug but I'd rather it be fixed. PS. this is on PC Ark on steam. I did notice that something in the patch notes was about "memory mesh optimizations," but if this is supposed to optimize the mesh, it clearly is messing up the texture streaming or whatever the term is. This has only been happening with the most recent update. A couple of friends have also noticed this "bug" as well. So far, I have only noticed this with the basilisk, and it HAS to be a glitch, because it doesn't look like it was intended to un-load the meshes like this. It's not exactly like what happens on Xbox, but it's similar, but also consistent when you aren't right up to it.

Happens every time on Console :P To be expected, of course. I did open a thread asking what exactly these mesh optimizations were but no concrete replies

Is it just with the basilisk? For us, its every extinction mount (most of all, Gacha and owl - lesser extent ((only happens every 20 seconds vs every time.you see an owl or gacha)) )

I want this to be fixed, but a part of me thinks if they DO fix it, its going to cause a lot more crashes

Sorry for the late reply, @d1nk but oh man, this bug is really REALLY irritating me. You got a bit offtopic when you mentioned about the xbox bugs. I guess such is life when you play on an underpowered little box-box, and I know it's a serious problem on xbox, but this is PC we're talking about here, and there should be little to no excuse to sacrifice visual fidelity of the game just for like a half an extra frame, because that's what graphics settings are for (PS. i'm on mostly all EPIC settings in 1440p on a GTX 1080Ti, so it's not my pc or my graphics settings lol), My friend, who has an RTX 2070 has noticed this bug as well. I can so far confirm out of the few creatures I have used, the basilisk is the ONLY one I have noticed this bug with. Can we get a developer to shine some light on these minor but very, very annoying little graphical bugs? I can also confirm that this is ONLY occurring with the most recent update with the Quote-Unquote "optimizations to texture memory streaming". Oh and also, it's kinda weird how nobody has been able to obtain concrete information about this or when you opened your thread on a similar issue.

3 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

Sorry for the late reply, @d1nk but oh man, this bug is really REALLY irritating me. You got a bit offtopic when you mentioned about the xbox bugs. I guess such is life when you play on an underpowered little box-box, and I know it's a serious problem on xbox, but this is PC we're talking about here, and there should be little to no excuse to sacrifice visual fidelity of the game just for like a half an extra frame, because that's what graphics settings are for (PS. i'm on mostly all EPIC settings in 1440p on a GTX 1080Ti, so it's not my pc or my graphics settings lol), My friend, who has an RTX 2070 has noticed this bug as well. I can so far confirm out of the few creatures I have used, the basilisk is the ONLY one I have noticed this bug with. Can we get a developer to shine some light on these minor but very, very annoying little graphical bugs? I can also confirm that this is ONLY occurring with the most recent update with the Quote-Unquote "optimizations to texture memory streaming". Oh and also, it's kinda weird how nobody has been able to obtain concrete information about this or when you opened your thread on a similar issue.

Thats fair, I was off-topic - I feel the sting of GFX issues too.. but dont go belittling someone because of their choice of gaming system. Makes you look like an idiot. 

This would be better in Bug Reports, im sure itll be moved there anyways. Best of luck!

Maybe I was belittling a bit, but I was just pointing out that consoles aren't the most powerful machines out there and it's something that the console community just has to kinda live with. I obviously was not doing this on purpose. And as for the part that I posted this in the wrong forum, yeah, that was my mistake, but I actually didn't have the option to post it in bug reports. Hopefully a moderator moves this somewhere else, but i'm just gonna hope someone high up in Wildcard notices this bug. Even minor graphical bugs can tarnish the quality of a game, and as a day one ark player since it's first days in early access, I would only want the best for this game, which is why I started this thread initially, and to hopefully raise awareness of even minor bugs.

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

but dont go belittling someone because of their choice of gaming system. Makes you look like an idiot. 

As for the offtopic part, I do agree, my choice of words where I said "underpowered little box-box" here was probably a little poor for that part you quoted, but as I mentioned, it is the problem why the game won't ever run well on a console, again, just pointing that out in simple words, I would NEVER criticize a user because of their choice of machine, especially on a public forums where I could easily get banned by a moderator if I say something too critical. :P

Archived