StuckTrippin

Single player tame wipe- xbox one

So i recently got back into ark because a family member gifted me the dlc maps before christmas. Started on the island, and transferred around to each of the maps to get the map exclusive dinos and engrams; great. Transferring back to the island to find all my tames have vanished; not great. 2 years ago this game was a buggy POS and im amazed even on single player, it still is. No they didnt die, no nothing attacked them and kited into the woods or water. There is literally no trace of them. I am hesitant to download any of my other dinos that i spent weeks getting, if they will just vanish. I cant understand how wildcard allows this terrible state the game has been in forever to be a standard for them, and id like to know if there is anywhere that my tames can be found. I have read elsewhere that they have been known to teleport but i have straight checked the entire map from the corners of the sky to the lowest part in the ocean to no avail. Ark has all the potential in the world to be a groundbreaking game but it seems almost as if the devs want it to fail. It has turned into a sick joke at this point that this is the game i paid money for years ago. 

Saved file corruption. I had this happen a few times last year and the year before. I see posts like this all the time on the Xbox part of the ARK forums. I don't know if it's fixable, or if it's on Wildcard's end, or if it's an issue with the terrible way that the Xbox loads saves, but sadly, since it's Xbox One, you don't have access to save file backups, only PC has access to backups since you can actually access your save folders there, but this is also NOT an uncommon glitch. The worst part, is this seems to be getting more common with every update made to ARK on Xbox One. You'll have no way to actually get anything back now that it's gone. I know that terrible feeling. Game Over.
P.S. the best you can do is save up money for a PC and get ARK on Steam, since this seems to be MUCH less common. Even if it does happen, you still have the chance to make backups there.