GumboChamp

On SP my anky two shots rich metal nodes and I get much less metal on the second hit and I can’t figure out why. I get about 75 metal on the first hit and about 15 metal on the second. I have resource clamp set to false in the config and use official settings for harvesting amount, damage and resource health. Also I was testing and when I one shot nodes the overharvesting is working. Was the exploit of keeping melee damage just below one shot to maximize resource yields patched or am I doing something wrong?

26 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Isn't there another setting called use optimized harvesting?

I can check when I get home, thank you. From what I read it seems that that setting allows the game to determine the resources gathered by the damage done as a whole rather than by incremental damage adding up to the total damage done. The only real effect I can think of that this would have is reducing the chance resource yields such as prime as there is effectively fewer dice rolls to determine whether the hit yields the resource. I hope I’m wrong though.

The reason you get less on the second hit is because you’ve don’t over 50% damage to the metal node. Say it’s at 100%HP and you hit it and get 75 metal. That node now only has like 30%HP before it breaks theirfor giving you less metal. Sounds weird at first but just let it sink in and it should make sence.I hope that helped! 

Thanks, yes I thought this was how it worked when clamping was on but I have it off in the config. Also it is strange that the harvesting is clamped when two shotting nodes but not when one shotting them. It would make sense if it is a patch to prevent exploiting the break point as to not punish players who level melee higher with a lesser yield, I just wanted to know whether it is a patch or if my settings are wrong.

Someone commented in this thread that if the first hit takes more than roughly 80% of the node’s health then overharvest is not possible. This means that there is a harvest limit of 160% if harvesting with multiple hits, and it is only worth leveling melee past what would take 80% of the node’s health if you plan on leveling melee past what would take 160% of the node’s health. Given Anky one shots nodes at ~530% melee, this equates to ~850%.

Archived