Feathers

gorefangs

I got 3 more feathers all from mated females only. I have pictures but cant upload becauae of file restrictions. Minimum size ive had drop them is 1.59. 

They drop them like eggs and poop. Ive never left them on wander other then to mate. I thibk they have to mate and be in your posession for a few hours before they lay feathers. 

Ive yet to have a male lay a feather and im up to i think 15. 

They despawn off the ground after one hour.

I am up to size 2+ dodos, And over 100 feathers, 4 days of breeding all female feather drops once they hit 1.59, I do not believe it is possible to get dodo feathers without breeding them, because the size doesnt change until its tamed. And ive only caught my initial 6, but none of them were above a 1.2 ish i blieve. My first breeding runs gave me small and large. I killed off all the smalls (Who wants a small dodo anyway? Im in it for a heard of raging male dodos that wreck through bases fed with buffing foods) About 2 days of my breedng program was spent on stat reduction.

Once i hit, 1.90 i used 4 phermones on that generation down and down.

Also, Once you hit size 2, you can imprint them without using candy. So thats how you can tell once youve hit size 2 without waiting hours. Time to break out the evil cuddle bears.....

Oviraptor has no effects on feathers.

But now, Im stuck. My base gene pool is 170-177, And i cant use a wild dodo, because if i breed it in, it will shrink my size. and i will get the stats i need, but it will be like a 2 day setback. the stats are good, 400 sta/420 something else, mele is like 333% and speed is 300% across the board, the only thing that changes is weight and torpor and food. Any ideas how to increase base levels without introducing new genes?

Proof is on server, Turokian dinosaur fun park. 14/66 loc. (Not an ad, providing proof of what im saying)

Also, there is a variance of size on wild dodos, so be on the lookout of a larger than normal female that is level 290+.  I am assuming you are on a hard server.  I tamed a wild one that was 1.2 at taming.  Use a soothing balm and veggies to get maximum levels from tame efficiency.  Use a female, because it will not hurt to try and if you get another female, you can still breed it with larger males until you get it large enough to breed into your main breeding pool with a male from that line.  I also recommend starving it as long as you can before giving it soothing balm and veggies.

Archived