Fix the Red Zone (World Boundary)

bigfish502

The world boundary or aka "Red Zone", while an interesting idea put forth by Wildcard, is doing more harm than it is good. I've had potential tames high on torpor run into the red zone and die, I've lost a wyvern to the red zone when I accidentally flew past the border fleeing from a wild 130 managarmr that was dead set on killing me off the wyvern every time I tried to escape on it, and I've lost a managarmr to it when it got fear roared by a yuty and ran straight into the red zone. Either the whole idea needs to be taken back to the drawing board or Wildcard needs to drastically increase the buffer zone between when you cross the border and when you get hit for nearly a million damage.

55 minutes ago, bigfish502 said:

The world boundary or aka "Red Zone", while an interesting idea put forth by Wildcard, is doing more harm than it is good. I've had potential tames high on torpor run into the red zone and die, I've lost a wyvern to the red zone when I accidentally flew past the border fleeing from a wild 130 managarmr that was dead set on killing me off the wyvern every time I tried to escape on it, and I've lost a managarmr to it when it got fear roared by a yuty and ran straight into the red zone. Either the whole idea needs to be taken back to the drawing board or Wildcard needs to drastically increase the buffer zone between when you cross the border and when you get hit for nearly a million damage.

I don't totally hate it, even though I've also lost flyers to the red zone. What I hate is the inconsistency of it which they need to fix.  For example if I fly towards the King Titan Terminal from the Snow Biome, No problem I can get there fine.  But I was flying towards it from the Sunken Forest and was only at 10 Lat and I hit the barrier and then trying to get away I was insta-killed.  That I don't get and doesn't make any sense why it's designed that way.  The reason I don't hate it is because it creates some interesting hiding locations for bases just because folks are so paranoid to even approach it.  That piece of it I of course kinda like.

If the red barrier can be changed to have at least lower damage for standing in it, thrn that woild be finr. Because this was completely take advantage of tbh. Someone intentionally drive the desert titan way past the red zone barrier, which makes it literally impossible for anyone to get within render distance for it to start losing health aince it woild be at zero food after day 1.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, Vaculity said:

If the red barrier can be changed to have at least lower damage for standing in it, thrn that woild be finr. Because this was completely take advantage of tbh. Someone intentionally drive the desert titan way past the red zone barrier, which makes it literally impossible for anyone to get within render distance for it to start losing health aince it woild be at zero food after day 1.

My question is whether or not this world-barrier is vulnerable to meteor strikes; in-case it isn't then it would create a very difficult place to raid as well. It is already a pain to soak turrets on PvP. Imagine them being complimented by some sort of natural wonder. Sounds like a great hiding spot. 

55 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

My question is whether or not this world-barrier is vulnerable to meteor strikes; in-case it isn't then it would create a very difficult place to raid as well. It is already a pain to soak turrets on PvP. Imagine them being complimented by some sort of natural wonder. Sounds like a great hiding spot. 

It is.

Archived