Hello Guys 

Me and my Brother are playing on an unofficial Ark PvE server where we would like to do the Medium Ragnarok Boss. Ive heard that Theris are quite good for that and have been breeding them for a while now. I can get them to at least 20k HP and 700 Melee. Are they actually good enaugh or should i use something else?

We are looking forward to hear from you guys.

Note: We are just two people and only have prim saddles.

2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Try for better saddles.

Might want someone on a yuti, for the buff.

Sweet veggie cakes for healing.

Maybe a warpig for healing, but those are a bit of a pain.

I suggest you split the army into 2 whistles groups, for flanking purposes.

Ok so one Yuti some cakes and maybe a pig. Do you know an easy way or atleast some good way to get the saddles?

19 minutes ago, Felsenwiesel said:

Ok so one Yuti some cakes and maybe a pig. Do you know an easy way or atleast some good way to get the saddles?

Ragnarok its a bit harder.. but island swamp cave and easy water cave drop em lots.

I would bump all your theriz to 21k hp instead of 20k, seems weird but its the proven "best hp for cake heals" number for dragon (isl and rag) People did extensive tests about this 

(Though really.. 20k is fine but to be more optimal, 21k :P )

Edit: pig is just for healing between fights unless you got an extra person to ride it (you also need to keep it safe and lose dps of one theri)

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ragnarok its a bit harder.. but island swamp cave and easy water cave drop em lots.

I would bump all your theriz to 21k hp instead of 20k, seems weird but its the proven "best hp for cake heals" number for dragon (isl and rag) People did extensive tests about this 

(Though really.. 20k is fine but to be more optimal, 21k :P )

Edit: pig is just for healing between fights unless you got an extra person to ride it (you also need to keep it safe and lose dps of one theri)

Ok then ill have to do it the hard way, cuz the server is only clustered with extinction and the Center and nobody has a nice bp. :P

18 hours ago, d1nk said:

Ah crap. I cant remember where one drops in Rag... not from Lava golem I know that much (same drop pool as deep sea drops) 

Regular red drops are the only one's you'll find them in on Rag or the Center but good luck with that ?, Island they're in red drops in all caves but swamp is the probably the best bet plus think they're in blue, yellow & red in the water caves

Your stats should be OK but like has been said 21k is optimum cos of cakes healing them & the dragon's percentage based aoe damage, 20k should be fine but don't go over 21 as it's wasting points plus they'll take more aoe damage, wouldn't bother with a pig as the cakes will do the healing for you and just go 19 theriz & a yuti, make sure they have plenty of cakes in them and the yuti will also help remove torpor dealt by the manticore

Just now, arrojado1200 said:

Oh man... Theris are not good for bosses.

Rex is the best dino... best stats, best breeding (less time in baby fase) and the saddle rex is more cheap for crafting (Bps).

Rex in Ark is the  "KING OF BOSSES."

Theris can heal mid-fight with cakes. They've proven themselves to be perfectly capable time and time again, you may have your opinion on which is best but you can't say they are "not good for bosses".

For Dragon, Theris are best because of the cake healing - dragon breath does a fixed % of max health as damage, so the cake really helps. Rexes are best for Ape, Megatheriums for spider (due to the buff from killing the little spiders). It's possible to do any of the bosses with good rexes or good theris, just that the cake makes it safer to use theris for Dragon.

Those stats are fine for Alpha Rag, but as has been said, you really want better than prim saddles.

You can get good saddle blueprints from the water crates on the island. Everything above blue CAN contain one, but you may have to open several crates, because you still need some luck (doesnt mean you should tame a liopleurodon. dont tame it. its useless). 

I dont know if Theris are a good tame. I havent had one. They look quite derpy and are a real pain in the butt to tame, because they are herbivores.

I would exchange one or two theris with a Yuty and/or a daeodon.

19 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Theris can heal mid-fight with cakes. They've proven themselves to be perfectly capable time and time again, you may have your opinion on which is best but you can't say they are "not good for bosses".

Yes yes, Theris +  cake is good idea. But i prefer no lost my time crafting cake. 

I did not say "Rex good, Therys bad"... but, Rex is best, indeed. 

20 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Oh man... Theris are not good for bosses.

30 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

I did not say "Rex good, Therys bad"... but, Rex is best, indeed. 

I dunno, you did make it kinda clear that you thought theris were bad for boss fights.

Personally for me the theris are smaller and so you can fit 19 of them on the ob much easier than 19 rexs, also means that you can bunch up the theris denser on the bosses and still have them all attack. And for the little bit of extra effort of crafting the cakes, surely it gives the theris that little bit of extra millage especially for the dragon.

21 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Your stats should be OK but like has been said 21k is optimum cos of cakes healing them & the dragon's percentage based aoe damage, 20k should be fine but don't go over 21 as it's wasting points plus they'll take more aoe damage

thats very subjective. Extra HP buffer isnt a bad idea so anywhere between 21k-24k is good for theriz, especially for someone who doesnt have asc saddles yet, as long as you get decent melee (700+) with it.

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I dunno, you did make it kinda clear that you thought theris were bad for boss fights.

Personally for me the theris are smaller and so you can fit 19 of them on the ob much easier than 19 rexs, also means that you can bunch up the theris denser on the bosses and still have them all attack. And for the little bit of extra effort of crafting the cakes, surely it gives the theris that little bit of extra millage especially for the dragon.

OMG... Ok Ok. Convinced me. Theris is the best for bosses, mainly against Dragon.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:56 PM, Felsenwiesel said:

Ok then ill have to do it the hard way, cuz the server is only clustered with extinction and the Center and nobody has a nice bp. :P

Red Orbital drops drop Theri bp's sometimes. You can run those with your Theri's no problem. Veggie cakes are the most important factor for herbivores in fights.

I run Alpha Rag consistently with a Theri army right around 20-21k hp, 700+ melee but I do have 100+ armor saddles. They come out of the fight down between 500 to 2k hp only.

I also let them fight the Golem's. The cake heal outpaces Golem damage.

One downside to Theri's is they harvest the wood from the trees and buildings. It could put them over half weight which means they won't take in the element harvest from the bosses. You definitely need to check the Dragon corpse and hope you get lucky on the Manticore kill if using only Theri's. With a Yuty on Manticore, right before Manticore death you can whistle passive and finish him with the Yuty. It's tricky but best way to ensure getting all element if using Theri's.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Red Orbital drops drop Theri bp's sometimes. You can run those with your Theri's no problem. Veggie cakes are the most important factor for herbivores in fights.

I run Alpha Rag consistently with a Theri army right around 20-21k hp, 700+ melee but I do have 100+ armor saddles. They come out of the fight down between 500 to 2k hp only.

One downside to Theri's is they harvest the wood from the trees and buildings. It could put them over half weight which means they won't take in the element harvest from the bosses. You definitely need to check the Dragon corpse and hope you get lucky on the Manticore kill if using only Theri's. With a Yuty on Manticore, right before Manticore death you can whistle passive and finish him with the Yuty. It's tricky but best way to ensure getting all element if using Theri's.

Thanks for that tip about harvesting, never even thought about that

3 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

I set my boss theris to have harvesting disabled, but leave victim item collection on - this nicely solves the problem - nothing worse than your whistled army (we're a tribe of 3) getting encumbered mid fight!

I tried that. Didn't take in the element. I think they consider element a resource. 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

How many cakes do you use per Theri?

Archived