Parasaur ability question

Virteego

Need some info from people who have tested this out. Does the parasaur ability of detecting threats increase other dinos detection range or alert them to enemies sooner?

Say if a parasaur was standing right next to a velonasaur and both were set to turret mode will the velona target and start shooting an enemy faster due to the parasaur alert?

I ask because I've had a para surrounded by 4 reapers (all creatures set to high target range, reapers set to aggressive and to follow the para) and the reapers wouldn't seem to notice targets until either the para alerted them or the target got closer. Keep in mind the para was set back away from the reapers (more accurately the reapers were set to high follow distance) so technically the paras targeting range was coming from farther away and still seemed to be larger than the reapers.

I know it sounds like I answered my own question but I still have my doubts and would love if anyone could shed some light on the paras ability or at least corroborate what I've witnessed.

I haven't tried it with a dino on turret or Aggressive. I have 4 Dire Wolves that wander about the baseyard on neutral as defence. Every time a baby is born or hatched it gets pinged by my Parasaur alert system but the wolves have never attacked the babies yet. I just may be lucky but I don't think it causes a dino to attack.

"I wonder if I set my Para to aggressive it would trigger the wolves to attack a pinged enemy. May try this by lifting some poor sacrificial Dilo with my Argie."

yeah, let me know, that would be good to know if targeted aggro without contact (para set on aggressive on turret mode, can't move but still aggros I'm assuming?) would trigger other aggressively set dinos to attack. thanks for the help and any info you find :)

Archived