Giant squid dead

Knoxy3004

Sooo... I tamed a 150 giant squid on official pve and it got killed in the silliest way. I was out getting some levels for it and the squid got pinned by an alpha megalodon and a swarm of manta rays... Does the squid not attack anything around the body? I was unable to escape the cluster f#@$ and I couldn't kill anything to let me out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2 hours ago, NewfieKilla said:

This has happened to be before but on a wyv and got it stuck inside an Alpha Carno. Needless to say I lost the wyv and was very pissed. Didnt dismount sadly due to panic so maybe that could be the fix as prev suggested. 

Do you kill newfies or are you a newfie who kills people?

"I's the boy who rows the boat" 

2 hours ago, pavanwasu said:

This happens more especially in shallow waters

Also, dismounting and swimming away with tuso on follow is the best way to get out of trouble. Instead of neutral, a passive tuso on follow will enable u to mount it back easily after it gets unstuck (same logic as land dinos getting stuck in each other)

u may not survive 3 seconds after dismount, then you have a tuso on passive surrounded by 20 hungry wild dino.

then hope nobody renders the area before you come back.

easy water cave for example gets rendered in by players walking on the beach above.

Aye aye sir! Worked for me every time. I just find it annoying the thought that tuso goes of to battle and i am swimming in ocean chasing it and trying not to get bitten by what remains of the 20 hungry wild dinos. (same logic as dismounted flier for me- ofc i am assuming ur not stuck in the tentacles of alpha tuso or alpha mosa, highly unlikely manta swarm you in deep waters - just an alpha megladon)

I do go in with flipper and have a decent movement speed and health points. I guess to each his/her own. whatever works for u :)

9 hours ago, pavanwasu said:

Aye aye sir! Worked for me every time. I just find it annoying the thought that tuso goes of to battle and i am swimming in ocean chasing it and trying not to get bitten by what remains of the 20 hungry wild dinos. (same logic as dismounted flier for me- ofc i am assuming ur not stuck in the tentacles of alpha tuso or alpha mosa, highly unlikely manta swarm you in deep waters - just an alpha megladon)

I do go in with flipper and have a decent movement speed and health points. I guess to each his/her own. whatever works for u :)

Yeah it happened to me in the deep but I think there might've been a basi just chilling near the area. 

19 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

u may not survive 3 seconds after dismount, then you have a tuso on passive surrounded by 20 hungry wild dino.

Yes you can survive. In fact I survived 2 times dismounting while tuso was being pinned down by the angry mobs. Once in lost hope and once in lost faith. But sadly, tuso died in both occasion.

Archived