Made a tribe that i didnt want to make

Osas

So i deleted it this morning then all of a sudden I cant use any of my dinos, or base. I literally logged on, then first thing I do when i got into game was delete this stupid tribe thing because the tribe name thingy next to my name was bothering me, so i deleted it. I cant play the game now because i literally cant do anything with my dinos, food is running low in their food troughs, and Im losing my mind that ive lost everything i built and tamed because of a little stupid tribe thing in the game. I urgently need a dev to fix this, i dont know how much time is left before my dinos starve to death....

im a new player how am i supposed to know about how all this tribe stuff works and dont work, i didnt even want a tribe, i was just checking it out to see what it was then delete it because i thought i dont need this right now so boom i deleted it. This is literally unbelievable that im going to lose all my stuff because of this. 

Just now, Osas said:

im a new player how am i supposed to know about how all this tribe stuff works and dont work, i didnt even want a tribe, i was just checking it out to see what it was then delete it because i thought i dont need this right now so boom i deleted it. This is literally unbelievable that im going to lose all my stuff because of this. 

There is a wiki where you can get more information. When you created a tribe all your stuff became owned by the tribe.

4 minutes ago, Osas said:

its all my stuff, everything, even the pin codes, it makes no sense, it even says, OWNER "my name", and i cant use any of it. and why would i wiki something that i think is harmless. Something like this should not be allowed to happen. Why do this to new players

Actually it is all that tribes stuff now. In the games mind you donated all of it to the tribe. 

7 minutes ago, Osas said:

how do i reply to specific people, anyways, its my tribe, how is it the tribes stuff now if its my tribe and me only. theres no such thing as that tribe if i deleted it why is this a thing or even happening and being allowed to happen

Because you left the tribe doesn't mean the tribe ceases to exist. The only way to delete a tribe is for all tribe settings to be set to private owned and have all members leave it. As it is your tribe was set to tribe owned so all that happened when you left it was you left all your stuff. Regardlessof any thing you are always better off in a tribe even if you are the only member cause it gives you access to the tribe log so you can see how your stuff died.

You made a beginner mistake yeah we have all been there but at this point you now have to accept all your old stuff is gone. The game allows you to do alot and you learn through experience or research, this is just a painful learning moment.

29 minutes ago, Osas said:

how do i reply to specific people, anyways, its my tribe, how is it the tribes stuff now if its my tribe and me only. theres no such thing as that tribe if i deleted it why is this a thing or even happening and being allowed to happen

Bottom left 'quote' button, you can quote multiple people and reply in one post too

31 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

If you used pin codes, you can get some of your stuff back.

Support tickets take longer than the decay time.

Like this. 

Your stuff is gone. Sorry. Which mode are you playing? If its singleplayer theres options to get it back

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, Osas said:

its my tribe, how is it the tribes stuff now if its my tribe and me only

unfortunately it no longer is your tribe - when you "deleted" it basically all that happened was you left that tribe. think of the "tribe" as a separate thing - and once created there really isnt any going back to how it was before, as everything becomes tribe owned. there are ways to limit some things, like having dinos personally owned - i believe they would've left the tribe with you but i cant say for sure, never tried it. i have over 6k hours in ark and i have always treated "tribe" the same way - sacred, not to be meddled with or changed ever - i wont even rename my tribe because i refuse to take any chances of losing stuff. i understand that you were not aware of how "tribe" functions and this happens a lot with new players. i have seen it many times on the officials i play on and i always give the same advice:

- if you are solo, once you've created a tribe never ever leave that tribe for any reason. never join another tribe to "help out" - if you are around other players and see an invite to another tribe do not accept - just leave. being solo there is no one else to invite you back to the tribe if you leave - and as you've seen, the tribe will persist just fine with no members. 

i realize this is too late to help you though, and for that i am sorry - you can try submitting a support ticket if you are on Official (not Legacy) and they may be able to assist you. realistically though - its time to start over - its a hard lesson to learn but at least now you know.

once tribe always tribe

edit: as @d1nk said, if you are playing singleplayer you can get your tribe back with a couple simple admin cmds - quick google search will tell you how

You got Arked. Our tribe uses this term to cover a lot of things that happen, such as :

1 - you disconnect while flying over the ocean which results in you downing along with the carried Anky. 

2 - you lag in a cave and fall into lava

3 - your wife sleeps with your next door neighbour the day you get fired from your job. You also just find out you're the victim of identity fraud and you need to call the local garage as someone has punctured all your tyres. 

13 hours ago, Osas said:

Did you play on an official server or an unofficial server. Official you really don't have a chance at getting all your stuff back. On an unofficial server talk to an admin of the server and see if they will use codes to make you part of the tribe again. Then you take all your stuff and put it into your dinos inventories. Unclaim the dinos, leave the tribe, claim the dinos again and you will have all your stuff back. You will have to rebuild your structures but atleast you will have all your stuff back. Of course if you are playing local a.k.a singleplayer all you have to do is use a couple admin codes. cheat giveallstructures and cheat givealldinos. hopefully that will help you out. i know how it feels i did the same thing a couple times when i first started playing the game... its not fun.

So I literally had the same issue about 5 days ago and found a way to get most of my stuff back!  Haven't heard back about the ticket I submitted and probably won't. But this is what I did...

After I accidentally left my tribe I recreated a tribe with the same exact tribe name.

Then I changed my tribe setting to "own" everything and not the tribe. I looked up how to do this online  

Few days later, I got a tribe invite and i “merged everything “ with the other persons tribe. You have to make sure to merge tribes or you will lose everything again. 

Then I magically got most of my things back, but not everything!!!! I lost a T. rex some nice guy gave me ;) and random stuff on my boat which didn’t make any sense. 

Try that in the future! I think the trick is to use the same exact tribe name and it tricks the game into merging all your old tribe stuff

EDIT- so I’m wondering....if the game merged my stuff because of the same old tribe name...could you just use someone else’s tribe name and then merge with someone else and claim all that tribes stuff. If so, this needs to be fixed immediately . But I’m not going to be the one to try it!!!

But keep me posted ;) 

3 hours ago, littlemurka said:

EDIT- so I’m wondering....if the game merged my stuff because of the same old tribe name...could you just use someone else’s tribe name and then merge with someone else and claim all that tribes stuff lol. I always wondered what would happen if you used someone else’s tribe name LOL someone should try this. Kidding.  

But keep me posted ;) 

I'm pretty sure this is against WC's code of Conduct, so probably not something worth messing with...

Archived