therizinosaur Therizinosaurs should have a TLC

AlphaDogYT

I think they're fine honstly. Well rounded dino, its harvesting amount is balanced by its lack of weight reduction on materials. Be nice if we could specialize its harvesting more, making it only harvest which material we choose based on most harvest levels applied (power or delicate) 

edit: For the love of Dodorex.. let us disable wood harvesting so we can once again freely roam on meat runs! 

"Hey look, a diplo! <tickle tickle> YOU ARE ENCUMBERED" 

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I would be happy if they fixed it so the bite no longer harvested wood (like before extinction came out) makes collecting berries annoying!

I thought it used to be like that! I was questioning myself before doing this. Thanks for that lol

I would love this. These are the TLC changes theriz needs (and maybe some visual / animation tlc!!)

Yea it definitely needs some for flavor, but it still needs to harvest wood, because when it comes to making large wood structures I often just tame a Therizino with high weight. I don’t really want to go through the pain of raiding dams or taming beavers/mammoths, so I just go for the Theri. If there will be ANY TLC, it should still include the wood harvesting but up the weight on the wild Theris and improving the weight per level. Plus, since they’re a good battle Dino, maybe more health(?)

3 hours ago, AlphaDogYT said:

Yea it definitely needs some for flavor, but it still needs to harvest wood, because when it comes to making large wood structures I often just tame a Therizino with high weight. I don’t really want to go through the pain of raiding dams or taming beavers/mammoths, so I just go for the Theri. If there will be ANY TLC, it should still include the wood harvesting but up the weight on the wild Theris and improving the weight per level. Plus, since they’re a good battle Dino, maybe more health(?)

You miss the whole point of it.. the theri doesnt need added stats, its already one of the best dinos hands down. Very useful for many things and also the best boss dino for sure. (Cakes..) 

I also use a chainsaw theri (high weight, melee on Redwood trees) for most of my wood harvesting. Imprinted theriz with decent stats (8k+ hp) get over 500 hp per levelup and 8 melee.. theyre fine stat-wise.

I dont think giving them wood weight reduction would be beneficial to ARK at all, it would completely outclass the thorny and beaver while making the mammoth almost obselete.

They just need more customization options. Better harvesting options and the ability to choose what you want to harvest. (Wood,,hide, fiber etc)

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

You miss the whole point of it.. the theri doesnt need added stats, its already one of the best dinos hands down. Very useful for many things and also the best boss dino for sure. (Cakes..) 

I also use a chainsaw theri (high weight, melee on Redwood trees) for most of my wood harvesting. Imprinted theriz with decent stats (8k+ hp) get over 500 hp per levelup and 8 melee.. theyre fine stat-wise.

I dont think giving them wood weight reduction would be beneficial to ARK at all, it would completely outclass the thorny and beaver while making the mammoth almost obselete.

They just need more customization options. Better harvesting options and the ability to choose what you want to harvest. (Wood,,hide, fiber etc)

Ok sure I’m bias to Theris lol. Also, if the tlc happened, Theris would make sure that no survivors will ever leave the beach

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Anyone messed with the new Kibble rework beta to see what they are planning to do with Kibble for the Theri?  It was always one of the harder dinos to tame with getting Mega eggs such a pain LOL.

Yeah, I’ve never been able to kibble tame a theri early on. Mejo taming even a level 13 on mobile it took like 2 hours, and at one point i gave up and took everything from its inventory because i didn’t have enough narcos. It’s kibble should be more accessible, like maybe it could use Megalosaurus kibble as like twice as good as maybe Carno kibble, which could be a different primary kibble. I’m just so annoyed at how HARD it is to get Mega kibble.

10 hours ago, Highlander27 said:

Yea I agree with most everyone above, they are already pretty useful. There are too many other dinos that actually need attention and are mostly worthless vs buffing an already good one.

Theris are really good without a TLC, but it might be helpful to spice them up. Yea other dinos like the Megalodon need a TLC, but the Theri is just such a useful Dino. The Rex, the boss-fighter, got a TLC and the Theri deserves one too

I thought Tlcs were supposed to bring life into useless dinosaurs? A dinosaur that is as multifaceted as the Theri definitely doesn’t need an update. They can already harvest like half of the resources super effectively, Fight bosses and wild ones prevent bobs from building on south beach.  I get it that you really like them but how do you keep trying to justify and rationalize them needing an update when there is so many uselesss Dino’s roaming around 

16 hours ago, AlphaDogYT said:

But they’re in the central cave, which can be hard to do because of the arthros. But I really hope it’ll be easier to get the eggs soon

Yes ofcourse, they are hard to deal with by design! If you are at the stage to get kibble for perfect tamed theriz you should also have a shotgun to kill artho with :) 

Its a pretty tight consensus here that theri are fine (minus a few QoL changes and maybe a visual) I like how they are in placement of progression, you can easily tame a theri as a Bob with berries, takes awhile but totally doable, you can also simply tame two megas and get a real nice one.

Archived