Horny Dinos

Eanaya

Ok so the new mating option is extremely useful and convenient and I love it.

BUT I've discovered 2 bugs with it, so be aware:

- if your tames are set to mating enabled and you leave render distance, the radial menu will say "enable mating" upon returning as if it had been disabled while you were gone. At first I thought well that is nice, no more disabling 20+ dinos one by one, but I was wrong and the menu just lied. Mating still IS enabled even though the menu says it is not; select "enable mating" in this case will actually disable it. From there on, the menu will give you the correct options again (if you want to be a 100% sure select "enable mating" twice and then you'll get the "disable mating" option again).
I'm playing alone in my tribe on unofficial PvE and we have a no building within render distance of others rule on our servers, so I can't say if them being rendered by anyone (even other tribes) would prevent this from happening. I think it's save to say though that as long as another tribemember is within RD, it won't happen.

- babies are apparently born with mating enabled. I hatched a bunch of Dimos yesterday and just got back to them being all grown up and having laid fert eggs already. They definitely were off wandering as it's the first thing I always do and double-check after birth (no, I haven't forgotten this time ;) )

I've sent in a ticket already, just wanted to let you know to avoid baby overflow :P

I just came on to post this, I hatched a few snow owls yesterday on 2x so they matured not long ago, went to move them and all the females had fertilised eggs, I stopped the server and decreased the mating interval and they're constantly mating when you leave render, I've stood with them and watched the timer run down and they don't mate until you leave render

My problem is that babies seem to be born with mating enabled.  When babies are born, I disable wandering.  At that point radial says "enable wandering" and "enable mating".  All good.  Nanny raises babies while I am logged off.  I come back, horde of baby ravagers because the mating was enabled, even though I never touched it.  It has NEVER indicated a "disable mating" option for me, no matter how many times I click it.  This option SHOULD NOT be on at birth, they need to fix this.

Archived