what about fixing the crossplay option to host a server on pc for xbox players

On 4/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, MatrixDreamer said:

Often i have to have the server account friend the player who wants on. Used to be it was enough for them to friend the account abd just join its game. Its really irritating to have to do that.

Also after last update has 3 occurrances where server is up but nobody can join like the live account disconnected. Restarting live and ark fixes.

not fixed :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Have hosted a few dedicated server for PC and had my friends join works fine sometimes it well have problems joining at first it's probably because the server NPC asnt finished load yet as far at goes for me but the other thing I could never find my server I'm hosting on ark Xbox 1 also I'm not renting any servers because it way to much for me and I made sure all my port forwarding was open when I started hosting and the cross play check asnt been there since I buy ark from windows store

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, snipers331 said:

Have hosted a few dedicated server for PC and had my friends join works fine sometimes it well have problems joining at first it's probably because the server NPC asnt finished load yet as far at goes for me but the other thing I could never find my server I'm hosting on ark Xbox 1 also I'm not renting any servers because it way to much for me and I made sure all my port forwarding was open when I started hosting and the cross play check asnt been there since I buy ark from windows store

yeah it worked fine for me that way tountil extinction came out . since then i can't host any server . always says join failed

I had use dmz hosting for mine to work some you have to do port forwarding if you don't have the dmz hosting then it should work I got told to host a public service pretty have to pay for it without paying could take days or weeks to show a 24hr server which I think is bs but that business for ya

On 5/25/2019 at 8:10 AM, MinDistortion1 said:

yeah it worked fine for me that way tountil extinction came out . since then i can't host any server . always says join failed

On top of what I replied I made a complete about PC to Xbox hosting already because two way you can only do is on steam with the ark host manger or by paying for the server to even show and the big kicker is steam don't have cross play so think that kind stupid as well but I still love ark and playing just need that kinda stuff fix 

NEW upadte supposed to be all platforms crossplay.  to be sure i deleted ark from my pc clean registry and reinstaled it . STILL SAYS JOIN FAILED  when trying to join server . This is getting ridiculous . all advises i got, i have tried and nothing works . :( can't host on pc for xbox anymore since exti-nction release

• 1 month later...

Archived