what about fixing the crossplay option to host a server on pc for xbox players

On 1/25/2019 at 10:28 AM, minddistortion1 said:

since extinction update it's not possible to host a server on pc for xbox players .

this as been reported already a wile ago and still no fix on it . here is the link of the report . please add you input if you also use to host a server on pc for xbox players . 

I have a crossplay server running on a pc at my house and I'm able to join with both a local xbox one x and a separate xbox one x on a separate subnet in the house. I was also able to connect to the server from a friend's house several weeks ago. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but it seems to be working for me.

i think i have tryied everything  now

-i download all the updates for ark and dlcs 782.13

i desable the firewall widows and even shut down antivirus

still getting "JOIN FAILED" 

i don't know what to do anymore .

i'm going to have to tel close to 40 ppl that there won't be server anymore i'm tired to try with no results . 

ALL changed since extinction , was working perfect more then 1 year .

well , it looks like wildcard deffinitly don't care about anwering , giving support or fixing this issue .

cause when you rwite to them they send you back HERE . where nothing is resolved . even issues reportes from more then 1 yeas ago in some topics; that' don't still have a answer.

what a poor support from wildcard .  pitty i investetd so mush time in it 

I saw on one of the other forums that someone with a similar issue had to contact their ISP and have their IP address changed to address this. Seeing that email, I recalled seeing reports from people who were having trouble connecting to Netflix and the way they resolved their issue was to do the same thing, contact their ISP and have their IP changed. I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it may be work a try. I think the underlying issue found was that for some reason, the ISP blocks the IP accidentally for some reason.

Anyway, may be worth a try.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, Himoe said:

I saw on one of the other forums that someone with a similar issue had to contact their ISP and have their IP address changed to address this. Seeing that email, I recalled seeing reports from people who were having trouble connecting to Netflix and the way they resolved their issue was to do the same thing, contact their ISP and have their IP changed. I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it may be work a try. I think the underlying issue found was that for some reason, the ISP blocks the IP accidentally for some reason.

Anyway, may be worth a try.

ok that could be a possibility. cause none of the ppl i had on he server can join it neither . i 'll have to take a look at it . hope it will help . 

No success i that neither, but thx for trying to help. now i really don't know what to do anymore . on the list of server i only see nitrado ones , in dedicated servers i see 1 pve and 4 pvp . with 50 slots . thoses are servers hosted on xbox . 

from what i can deduce. it's not possible to host on pc for xbox anymore .

On 2/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, MinDistortion1 said:

No success i that neither, but thx for trying to help. now i really don't know what to do anymore . on the list of server i only see nitrado ones , in dedicated servers i see 1 pve and 4 pvp . with 50 slots . thoses are servers hosted on xbox . 

from what i can deduce. it's not possible to host on pc for xbox anymore .

You join the hosted windows store server through xbox app by joining on friends. You won't see a hosted windows store PC server on the ark server list because Nitrado has a monopoly on it with the devs, they don't want to lose hosting fees. It might show up but it will take 7-10 days of 24/7 running, but any update, crash, or greyed out/unjoinable state will just reset it. 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:17 PM, Himoe said:

I can't help but think this is a port forwarding issue or a windows firewall issue. Have you checked those?

tried everything i could think of and what ppl have proposed to me to try , even changed ip adress ,shut firwall,antivirus ,new gt ,new instal, 3 differnent computers and so on. no sucess

On 2/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, Juggernaut said:

You join the hosted windows store server through xbox app by joining on friends. You won't see a hosted windows store PC server on the ark server list because Nitrado has a monopoly on it with the devs, they don't want to lose hosting fees. It might show up but it will take 7-10 days of 24/7 running, but any update, crash, or greyed out/unjoinable state will just reset it. 

i know all of that my friend i had a server hosted on pc for xbox since day one of crossplay availability. but after extinction release the crossplay option does not show anymore and nobody on xbox or pc can join the server lauched on the pc. and everyone i contacted cause tey where saying they had a crossplay server i ended up knowing it was nitrado ones . all the ppl i knew with a server on pc for xbox can't host anymore . so i know it's not a problem from my side

4 hours ago, MinDistortion1 said:

i know all of that my friend i had a server hosted on pc for xbox since day one of crossplay availability. but after extinction release the crossplay option does not show anymore and nobody on xbox or pc can join the server lauched on the pc. and everyone i contacted cause tey where saying they had a crossplay server i ended up knowing it was nitrado ones . all the ppl i knew with a server on pc for xbox can't host anymore . so i know it's not a problem from my side

Crossplay toggle was removed because by default crossplay is always enabled, the entire point of UWP program. I am hosting a server right now with my windows store version, I'm not on server list but friends can join through the hosted Xbox gamertag just fine. Make sure you are updated on the latest version of ark, Xbox app, and windows updates and your NAT shows open under the Xbox app > settings > test connection

• 3 weeks later...

it simce some ppl have it working , have got messages . but they can't tel me what they did to work . apprentlly they did nothing . so i don't get it why i can't make it work. it worked perfect for more then 1 year , but as soon as i downloaded extinction and the ark update. i could not join the server anymore or all the players that where in it . as i said server starts but no one can join it . 

i changed IP , open more ports on my router yesterday . and no change . don't know what to do anymore . other then sell my game .  i have not found 1 server that has as good balanced stats as mine had . and playing alone is boring ther is not really story in this game .

• 2 weeks later...

i even change isp  2 month ago and before that ask for new ip , nat is open . i clean old server saves even deleted the reserved space on xbox dedicated to ark as the account saves.  new ark instal in 2 computers . everyone trying to join gets join failed message . 

Often i have to have the server account friend the player who wants on. Used to be it was enough for them to friend the account abd just join its game. Its really irritating to have to do that.

Also after last update has 3 occurrances where server is up but nobody can join like the live account disconnected. Restarting live and ark fixes.

Archived