windows 10 private dedicated server + xbox players

hi,

ive looked into a few places and the amount of information available is slim and often contradictory. 

i want to run the server off my pc. i want to play the game on the same pc. my wife wants to be able to join in via the xbox one. my daughter wants to be able to join in via her pc. 

we do not want to deal with that stupid tether so i believe this requires a dedicated server. 

do i need ark server management for this or can i just choose the dedicated server option? will any of us loser our current games or will be able to transfer data from our respective single player games (not playing on the same single player games).

HOW do i go about setting up the server? how do my wife and daughter find the private server with the pc and xbox versions?

I don't believe you can play on the same computer as the server. The choices given when you launch the game is to play the game or to host a server.

You also have to have a copy of the digital version of the game to host and play with crossplay. The server computer will host, your daughter can play on the xbox, with a different gamertag than the one on the server,  either with a physical disc or downloaded onto the console. Your wife can also play logged in with a different microsoft gamertag. You, your daughter and your wife may all need separate copies of the game and DLCs.

Archived