Question on cryopods and baby dinos

Dime

So I seen in the PC patch notes that baby aging is “paused”. 

But my question is can you use that for raising babies say if something irl happens. So you can pretty much just freeze the baby in the cryopod and it won’t die in the cryopod while you’re gone? 

Than when you bring it out of the cryopod it’ll be exactly where it was when you froze it. 

This may be a dumb question but I really am not sure if that’s what it means and don’t wanna freeze babies and then have them all die.

Thanks any feed back would be great

6 minutes ago, Dime said:

So I seen in the PC patch notes that baby aging is “paused”. 

But my question is can you use that for raising babies say if something irl happens. So you can pretty much just freeze the baby in the cryopod and it won’t die in the cryopod while you’re gone? 

Than when you bring it out of the cryopod it’ll be exactly where it was when you froze it. 

This may be a dumb question but I really am not sure if that’s what it means and don’t wanna freeze babies and then have them all die.

Thanks any feed back would be great

thats exactly how it works :D just like the real life one

3 hours ago, WaightZer said:

Yes the baby won't die. It will come out the way you put in.

But theres one catch though, imprint timer will reset to 8 hours regardless of the time left when it was put in. But it keeps imprint progress %. So I suggest to put babies in pods right after an imprint.

They changed how imprint timer works when cryopoding.

4 hours ago, WaightZer said:

imprint timer will reset to 8 hours regardless of the time left when it was put in

Not anymore. The pause also pauses the imprint timer.

I had used cryopods before to reset the timer when it asked for a kibble I didnt have... having it reset to 8 hours -_-

After patch, it asked for exceptional kibble, I cryopod it, release it immediately, and it wanted a cuddle.

I wish I had this yesterday... Had 1 hour left before an imprint, but got invited to see a movie with my friend. I didn't want to reset the timer to 8 hours, so I left it there, and went to see the movie. I tried to accept that my baby will lose some imprint quality... but I didnt do very well... After the movie, she and I were looking at eye candy at a nearby store, I was constantly internally pressured to get going to go cuddle my dino, and failed to hold back verbal promptings, asking her to hurry up.

This change is a really good one imo, thank you Wildcard! You make dealing with real life just a little easier.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am I missing something about this update ? Wasnt baby maturation already being paused before the update ? 

EDIT: Just saw the note OP is referring, I honestly have no clue then. I'm pretty sure ageing was paused too prior that update. ?

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

EDIT: Just saw the note OP is referring, I honestly have no clue then. I'm pretty sure ageing was paused too prior that update. ?

Ditto, I am certain it was too. I have bred stuff like gigas with a 6hr maturation timer (boosted server) over multiple nights and they certainly were not aging in the crypods ? So confused hahaha

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ditto, I am certain it was too. I have bred stuff like gigas with a 6hr maturation timer (boosted server) over multiple nights and they certainly were not aging in the crypods ? So confused hahaha

It is paused, but now your imprint timer isn't reset to max when you cryo, letting you pick up the babies whenever you so please instead of being forced to wait until the next imprint.  Now folks on official can actually 100% imprint their dinos without having to dedicate their whole lives and sacrifice their left lung to the game.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

It is paused, but now your imprint timer isn't reset to max when you cryo, letting you pick up the babies whenever you so please instead of being forced to wait until the next imprint.  Now folks on official can actually 100% imprint their dinos without having to dedicate their whole lives and sacrifice their left lung to the game.

Yes, but that is not what is referenced here. The patch notes says:

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, Jen said:

Cryopod

• Tooltips now contain the stats of the dino
  • Mating timer now advances while in a Cryopod unless the Cryopod is transferred, then it is reset to respect the new server's MatingIntervalMultiplier
  • Baby aging is paused while in a Cryopod
  • Baby imprinting is paused while in a Cryopod
  • Baby gestation is aborted when entering a Cryopod

Which was already the case from what I know. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

Woo!  Best update ever!

Indeed it is! I can sleep again without worrying about imprinting or having a 2-week maturation rex! (or a month giga)

41 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

Now folks on official can actually 100% imprint their dinos without having to dedicate their whole lives and sacrifice their left lung to the game.

Good, because it's the only one I have left on me! The other one went on giga eggs.

43 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes! That whole update is awesome, and most likely just the beginning of the improvements to come. What a slap in the face of the "ARK is abandoned now that they works on ATLAS" mob. ?

Indeed! I think the real change started with the release of Extinction: since November 10th last year we've had SIX HUGE updates which averages at one massive update every 12 days! I had a feeling so I had to check and that's downright amazing!

And since the release of Atlas on December 13th, we've had three of those: counting from December 13th that adds up to one large update every 14 days! Can't fight the numbers :P

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes! That whole update is awesome, and most likely just the beginning of the improvements to come. What a slap in the face of the "ARK is abandoned now that they works on ATLAS" mob. ?

Don't be too sure yet. Don't forget that they have left a lot of seriously old exploit and bug unfixed, which might take ages for them to iron out... oh wait, what am I saying, only in a blue moon. I don't have to name it, just ask the angry mobs who are either still rioting here, or have quitted with that mindset.

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Pretty sure it was the same with gestation being aborted when cryoed aswell, wasnt that allready a thing ? 

Maybe theyre just reinforcing the fact that this and baby maturation pause are in fact not bugs and are intentional so people stop waiting for that patch to arrive

Archived