Mana on new patch note

Hoang95

So PC Patch Notes: Client: v291.100  is out today and there were quite a few changes on the manas. 

Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target

Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
Increased time between Freeze Debuffs 

it seems to me that mana will deal much less damage from far  away and they won't freeze dinos that often anymore. This is great news for new people who just start and want to tame wild manas; however, for someone like me it is a huge nerf to my favorite snow rat. Any opinions about this?

9 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Players will always oppose to ANY changes that would reduce their power even a little bit, no matter how objectively OP that something is.

Objectively god-mode hahaha...  They aren't useless now, and bred ones will still be very potent, they are just a little less powerful.  It was a shaping change, and I'm surprised to see it:  I kinda thought no changes would come until new content was announced.  They still freeze things very easily and deal a lot of damage, even at far range.

They do less damage at range. But  still freezes anything instantly. Tested against quetzal, giga and griffin,  frozen instantly, dino remained frozen for 5 seconds. The timer between re-freeze do seem slightly higher but makes no difference. You get frozen first time, your characters gets dismounted and frozen too, then killed by mana. After which your tame is mana food.

Mana can not be balanced as long as it combines ability to freeze and dismounted saddled tames, with its untouchable mobility.

2 hours ago, Koola173 said:

They were slightly nerfed, a good start don't get me wrong.  However, you will still see everybody running around on these as it still fits the meta.

Can't really be helped. Besides, Mana are meant more for versatility rather than staying still and tanking unlike Rock Drake and Wyverns of the Draconis species. Just look at the below quote.

2 hours ago, DaNKao said:

I do not like it when other dinos touch it is very vulnerable

Yep. Their health sucks when compared to the latter two. But their jump and dash literally makes up for it.

24 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Can't really be helped. Besides, Mana are meant more for versatility rather than staying still and tanking unlike Rock Drake and Wyverns of the Draconis species. Just look at the below quote.

Yep. Their health sucks when compared to the latter two. But their jump and dash literally makes up for it.

Mana has almost same health scaling as the rock drake and more than twice as much as an arg which is considered to be a tanky flyer.. On top of being breedable. Already seeing 8K health manas at birth, when levelled and combined with capped saddles they are nowhee near glass cannon.  The only weapons that can touch manas are guns, and you are not killing a 16K mana with 124 saddle with a long neck.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Maybe I’m wrong or it’s the 124 max armor saddles, but I don’t even level HP on our manas. No need. Corrupted can’t hurt it unless I get into a hoard. I’ve got a new HP stat to mix in and that’ll push a 100% imprint HP to over 10k. Seems fairly tanky to me. But I’m PVE so who knows. Weapons might be a different story. 

Archived