Rumors of vaults being raided on PVE

catnip

Today on one of my discord servers the members were talking about folks having their locked vaults raided by members of other tribes. This was on PVE servers. It didn't matter whether you had the vault pincoded or not. Evidently there have been raids done on multiple servers, not just our Rag server, but also some Exinction servers they were playing on.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

if this is indeed a thing and players are worried about it. Simple remediation:

1. Dont leave anything important in vaults that are easily accessible

2. Pin Code Vaults

3. Dont make base easily accessible and close all doors (AT ALL TIMES)

4. Store things in Bears or other Utility dinos that are locked away in a building :)

Good luck, this might help until WC fix the issue.

35 minutes ago, Anarki said:

2. Pin Code Vaults

4. Store things in Bears or other Utility dinos that are locked away in a building :)

1. good idea. Put Bps and other stuff in tames. My favs atm are Argent, Gasbags, Phiomas, and Equus

2. From rumor, I hear that pincoding doesnt stop the thieves.

3. hackers can glitch inside fully locked bases. I have no photo proof of this, but I have seen photos, still rumor. He said, she said.

4. I'm working on that now, better safe than sorry. Bears are good too imo.

39 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

1. good idea. Put Bps and other stuff in tames. My favs atm are Argent, Gasbags, Phiomas, and Equus

2. From rumor, I hear that pincoding doesnt stop the thieves.

3. hackers can glitch inside fully locked bases. I have no photo proof of this, but I have seen photos, still rumor. He said, she said.

4. I'm working on that now, better safe than sorry. Bears are good too imo.

Have you ever gotten suck inside somebody's base because you are on a fast mount, minding your own business, and a base loaded around you trapping you in because of poor server fps?

It sucks.

These guys don't have to hack to get in a locked base-the game practically opens the door. I'm hoping the big s+ walls help with this (fewer components = faster loading).

6 hours ago, Anarki said:

2. Pin Code Vaults

One friend reported that a friend of theirs on an extinction server had both locked and pincoded vaults raided. Didn't matter if there was a pin code or not. He also recommended using purlovia, reapers, or basilisks as vaults since they can be buried and other players can't see them. 

As for doors being closed. Sounded like that was a nonsequitor to the raiders. They had no problem getting in. 

From what I could surmise by googling it, this was also a problem back in 2017 during early access. My guess is that one of the recent updates allowed them to once again use that exploit, or they found another way to exploit the locked vaults.

• Volunteer Moderator

To be honest, I don't necessarily think there is an exploit allowing players to access locked vaults. Vaults are known to be accidentally unlocked easily. Especially when people are used to use "E" instead of "F" to access them because as soon as there is some obstruction, the option will be "Unlock" instead of "Access Inventory". For example:

FADF55F11F6F384BAED21CE18FFC816B0DFF548E

And a few pixels away:

9B5345757939FC1E483F848A753C2FB5860A88AC

This used to be way more frequent before they fixes the usage of the station in front of a player dismounting a creature but this is still very common. So yeah, while an exploit of some sort might be a possibility, unless there is an actual report of the method used I would rather tend to believe people accidentally unlocked them.

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

To be honest, I don't necessarily think there is an exploit allowing players to access locked vaults. Vaults are known to be accidentally unlocked easily. Especially when people are used to use "E" instead of "F" to access them because as soon as there is some obstruction, the option will be "Unlock" instead of "Access Inventory". For example:

FADF55F11F6F384BAED21CE18FFC816B0DFF548E

And a few pixels away:

9B5345757939FC1E483F848A753C2FB5860A88AC

This used to be way more frequent before they fixes the usage of the station in front of a player dismounting a creature but this is still very common. So yeah, while an exploit of some sort might be a possibility, unless there is an actual report of the method used I would rather tend to believe people accidentally unlocked them.

99% sure this is it, I see it fairly often on other peoples bases

6 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Players don't have access to game saves of official servers

To find your Official PC Server save file from the list, just hover over the drop down menu and scroll through the list; you can also hit Ctrl+F on the keyboard and type your server name or number to quickly find your server. I didn't know how to post the link to the page wazza

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Ofc we do there's a list that can be downloaded at any Givin time

Source please. I don't believe you because they made a whole show about releasing legacy server saves for shutdown servers. I am sure they did not release current, running official (not legacy) server saves. 

This is the page I am looking at: 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

any pin-coded storage box can be broken into on pve 

i found this out a few years back when doing trades for boss fights back in the day

People were using macros testing all the possible combinations until it opens but since the developers added a randomized timer between failed attempts. For example, if you miss the pin-code you wont be able to unlock it for like a minute even with the right code. While this doesn't really prevent cracking the code, it greatly reduce the probability that someone will sits for days in front of your storage (if they can only input 1 pin every minute, they would need ~7 days to try all the 10k combinations opposed to the ~3 hours it used to take in the past).

1 minute ago, Lycan187u said:

In between those red lines states to find your offical  server saves...

This is still only legacy PvE for people that wants to move and host their world themselves. The main cluster isn't and won't be available for download.

Archived