Aberration imho

I had fun with scorched when it released, well.. as much fun as you can have taming doeds and argies with 0.5x rates (official rates were doubled  awhile before release)  and no kibble :P but its majorly lacking now.

Extinction is neat, lots of cool stuff and you can easily farm element dust and get the Mana/Snow owl/Gacha but I personally liked Ab the best.

That’s a tough one to answer...I’ve really loved them all.

The Center and Ragnarok are the most beautiful, in my opinion. I still feel like there are little places on those maps I haven’t seen.

I have the most cumulative time between PC, Xbox and PS4 on Scorched Earth. It was the original map that offered me my childhood dream of being a dragon rider. And the weather events made the map feel more immersive than the others. I also feel it has the strongest map-exclusive creature. The phoenix is amazing, and feels like a real accomplishment to find and tame, and I am all in favor of free silica pearls.

Aberration offered something totally new. It really felt like a whole different experience in Ark, and added the strongest new items. I use a wingsuit for pretty much everything now. But I was a little disappointed in the rock drakes.

And Extinction feels like the whole package with only two key differences. I am absolutely all in favor of no ocean (not a fan at all), but really regret having no wyvern trench. I absolutely love the eternal daylight too, and it’s the only DLC where I absolutely adore every single DLC creature.

In the end I think I’ll cast an underrated vote for Scorched Earth as the best, because it holds the most sentimental place in my heart for letting me live the dream I fantasized about as a little girl.

But having sent in my own wyverns and breeding them with the S+ Mutator, I’m extremely happy to be spending all my time on Extinction too.

Tbh, im not a big fan of the DLCs. Ragnarok is a beautiful map with tons of creatures and engrams, but after some time it gets boring.

The Center has too much water for me.

Aberation is also a beautiful map, but its too hard and it loses its appeal after dying and respawning and dying and respawning.

Extinction is just a big pile of poop, i paid twenty bucks for a game that cannot even start. And when i can finally enter the game after two months, it doesnt render. I still have a bug that has been fixed last year.

I havent played Scorched Earth, but i really want to. But after the Extinction dilemma, i am not sure if its a good idea.

So my favourite map is and will always be The Island.

16 hours ago, CrimsonMiralis said:

I'd say ragnarok, it felt amazing setting up on that beautiful map. But in general I'd say scorched earth, actually felt like an accomplishment to finally set up your bases, tame mantises, and raise wyverns xD.

8 hours ago, antse12345 said:

i Think ragnarok is the best one 

Ragnarok isnt a DLC its a modded map.

13 minutes ago, sashasendra2003 said:

I think wyverns should be added to mobile I dont have a console or a good working pc as mine is broken it's old but yea nor do j have the PC disk or anything but I think it would be cool I've always wanted to fly those around the island on the mobile map

Gotta get the real game ;) 

Scorched for me was best DLC because of the weather element changing things up.  For animals though it was lacking, Wyverns are okay but really for me I use them more as taxi service etc.  For unofficial DLC I would say Ragnarok was and is my fav as I watched it being developed for a long time.  Special as my name is on the wall as well :P.

Abby was okay but the dark just got to me if I play on it too long.  But super fun to play non the less.  Extinction is good and about on par with Abby.  I like the snow owl and its my main flyer right now.  I'm a fan of all the DLC, just needed more content/craftables etc and things to do and explore after a while.  Ragnarok gives more of that I think because of its size, just wish they would have given them time to add more like the originally wanted to.  I would like to see them do another map and release it this year.

If we're talking all maps and from a pve perspective I'd have to say Abberation. It's so different, challenging, beautiful and really felt like you had to progress through it instead of just taming a pteranodon and seeing everything in the first day. I love the beautiful Abberant dinos and reapers are amazing. My biggest issues are the severely limited building areas and being unable to have your main base there since a lot of dinos are understandably not allowed there. 

For having a main base I'd have to say Ragnarok. There's so much space, high lvl dinos, best place for wyverns and easy access to a lot of resources. We don't have our main base there just because it's so popular and tends to become tame capped. Even now after cryopods too :( Will be maining extinction instead I just hope they stop randomly spawning corrupted dinos in your base. 

• 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, ChaseO said:

If I can only get one dlc which one should I get?

For a different sort of game play, I'd recommend Aberration. 

Scorched Earth and Extinction have their unique dino's and attributes but you can get all the SE dino's, with the exception of the Phoenix which is a trophy mount, on the free DLC Ragnarok and Extinction has its variants but largely possesses the same type of survival method and dino's as the Island. 

Ab is quite unique and changes up some of the go to survival methods as well as releases a bevy of new dino's.

• 1 month later...
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Best DLC

Valguero.  More of a chance to get a high level ordinary pet there.  Higher level anklo, doed, etc.  The only thing about Val I do not like is how hard it is to get a Pelag.  Pelag's seem to spawn only over the water and stay there.  They never fly to shore like on the other maps.  

Rag is 2nd best for pets.

But TheIsland is best for talking to new players.  All the old players left TheIsland on muliplayer and now TheIsland is full of newbies.  Old players are kinda boring.  All they do is brag about their mutations and special gigga/wyvern catches and just act like arrogant know-it-alls.  Or get all secretive about their special knowledge which is just as annoying as the braggarts.  But new players are fun cause they are like "omgosh look at this thing its so big and scary" and it's just a leed or titan.  

• 4 months later...

Archived