Forest/Ice titan taming methods

ThePopenator

• 9 months later...
17 hours ago, Azurrel said:

Forest titan is easily tamable with the fire wyverns that appear, take about an hour with three people. For Ice titan I've seen it done with a Tek Tapi and a Mana.

how? we tried with tek tape, too slow, he goes on turning. 

We hoped we could find a strategy to do each titan in 30 min or less, we want to to king titan, and we are 3/4 people

On 11/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, Giorgino87 said:

how? we tried with tek tape, too slow, he goes on turning. 

We hoped we could find a strategy to do each titan in 30 min or less, we want to to king titan, and we are 3/4 people

Just breathe on the nodes with the fire wyverns that show up, very straight forward, takes three of us an hour to tame with it coming out as an alpha forest titan. As far as taming with tapis go you need some one to kite it back and forth across the arena.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, Chelly said:

On my server theres a giant trap to tame the ice titan with. Other than that, just hit it with fast, cheap guns like simple the simple pistol. I believe the amount of times counts for nodes rather than damage dealt.

Is anyone sure about this point, the damage vs times thing?

We tried to tame it using assoult rifles, that have very high ratio, but was never ending. Could be due to the reset when getting to the limit of the arena, though.

We tried back with niper rifles and tek tape and did easily the first 2 nodes.

PS: how can you make a trap for ice titan? It destroys everything, even the tek....

On 11/13/2019 at 2:56 AM, Giorgino87 said:

Is anyone sure about this point, the damage vs times thing?

We tried to tame it using assoult rifles, that have very high ratio, but was never ending. Could be due to the reset when getting to the limit of the arena, though.

We tried back with niper rifles and tek tape and did easily the first 2 nodes.

PS: how can you make a trap for ice titan? It destroys everything, even the tek....

For the corruption node, it has like 100k health, this means you'll have to actually deal 100k dmg to one node in order to break it for the forest titan, it takes quite a while for an assault rifle to do that much damage, which is why meks etc. are best recommended.

In regards to Ice titan trap, this would mainly only be available for PvE due to how Titans do not damage PvE structures, in PvP, it is possible, however you would need to be quick and lucky due to how the ice titan will hurt your trap, but if it's successful, the Ice Titan will be frozen and cannot attack nor move, for Forest Titan it is possible to trap that as well, the trap I have for forest titan does require a bit of luck and time in order to make it work, but when it does, the forest titan is stuck in one spot unable to attack

Archived