Enforcer BP's are kinda confusing. Advice?

Melcreif

5 hours ago, Keito said:

I found an ascendant bp wich only costs 3.8k dust so its about luck its totally random and i recomend crafting higher tier even if its more costly cus you will win over leveling points as they are more effective.Think of unimprinted and imprinted dinos, thats the diference between tiers, more stats per level

This is patently false, I'm sorry.  Go to singleplayer, learn spawncodes, spawn stuff in, craft some things with similar percentages and different qualities (like 2 BPs that are both say, 120% damage but one is Journeyman and one is Ascendant).  The Ascendant one simply costs more dust for absolutely no more melee damage above the Journeyman one.  Well, boink it, I'll do it for you.

With a survivor in singleplayer, and spawning/farming level 135 Enforcers, I eventually got 2 blueprints:  An Apprentice with 95% damage, and an Ascendant with 95% damage.

Material costs as follows:

App:  217 crystal, 2171 element dust, 260 metal ingots, 86 oil, 130 polymer (95% damage)

Asc:  1514 crystal, 15148 element dust, 1817 metal ingot, 605 oil, 908 polymer (95% damage)

-AGAIN:  BOTH BPS ARE 95% DAMAGE-  that is our benchmark for determining if blueprint quality has ANY EFFECT on actual stats, or if it is ONLY DETERMINED BY THE PERCENTAGES.  If you are right and blueprint-quality affects stats, the Ascendant will have more damage than the Apprentice.

I respecced my survivor to all crafting, as well.  My past tests have shown crafting skill to have absolutely zero effect on Enforcers and Scouts, but crafting skill DOES affect higher-than-engram (blueprint-level) MEKs, doing it anyway to kill that bird (again) with the same stone.  Ended up gaining 28% on the Ascendant, and 23% on the Apprentice.

With 1190 crafting skill, and -MUCH HIGHER COST IN MATERIAL-, as I suspected both of the blueprints came out with the exact same damage percentage:  Both are EXACTLY 237.6 melee, and NEITHER BP QUALITY OR CRAFTING SKILL HAD ANY EFFECT.  I also just leveled each of the Enforcers, one single level into our benchmark stat of melee damage (again, 95% melee damage pre-craft with one Apprentice BP and one Ascendant BP).  Both of them went to the -exact- same number when I invested one level into melee damage:  241.6 melee.  So again, blueprint quality does nothing for how much stat you get at equivalent percentages.  In this case, the Apprentice blueprint is far superior to the Ascendant because of the massive reduction in required crafting material.

Higher level BPs cost more, they DO NOT GIVE MORE STAT AT THE SAME PERCENTAGES AS LOWER TIER BPs.  They simply cost more, the only thing that matters are the percentages of health, stam, energy, weight, and melee.  If a Ramshackle blueprint has higher health and melee than an Ascendant blueprint, the Ramshackle blueprint is better than the Ascendant, regardless of the Ascendant costing 10 times the material.

Do not spread false information about how stuff in the game works without testing it.  You may end up costing some new player thousands of dust and other material who is asking for advice.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:52 AM, TheDonn said:

This is patently false, I'm sorry.  Go to singleplayer, learn spawncodes, spawn stuff in, craft some things with similar percentages and different qualities (like 2 BPs that are both say, 120% damage but one is Journeyman and one is Ascendant).  The Ascendant one simply costs more dust for absolutely no more melee damage above the Journeyman one.  Well, boink it, I'll do it for you.

With a survivor in singleplayer, and spawning/farming level 135 Enforcers, I eventually got 2 blueprints:  An Apprentice with 95% damage, and an Ascendant with 95% damage.

Material costs as follows:

App:  217 crystal, 2171 element dust, 260 metal ingots, 86 oil, 130 polymer (95% damage)

Asc:  1514 crystal, 15148 element dust, 1817 metal ingot, 605 oil, 908 polymer (95% damage)

-AGAIN:  BOTH BPS ARE 95% DAMAGE-  that is our benchmark for determining if blueprint quality has ANY EFFECT on actual stats, or if it is ONLY DETERMINED BY THE PERCENTAGES.  If you are right and blueprint-quality affects stats, the Ascendant will have more damage than the Apprentice.

I respecced my survivor to all crafting, as well.  My past tests have shown crafting skill to have absolutely zero effect on Enforcers and Scouts, but crafting skill DOES affect higher-than-engram (blueprint-level) MEKs, doing it anyway to kill that bird (again) with the same stone.  Ended up gaining 28% on the Ascendant, and 23% on the Apprentice.

With 1190 crafting skill, and -MUCH HIGHER COST IN MATERIAL-, as I suspected both of the blueprints came out with the exact same damage percentage:  Both are EXACTLY 237.6 melee, and NEITHER BP QUALITY OR CRAFTING SKILL HAD ANY EFFECT.  I also just leveled each of the Enforcers, one single level into our benchmark stat of melee damage (again, 95% melee damage pre-craft with one Apprentice BP and one Ascendant BP).  Both of them went to the -exact- same number when I invested one level into melee damage:  241.6 melee.  So again, blueprint quality does nothing for how much stat you get at equivalent percentages.  In this case, the Apprentice blueprint is far superior to the Ascendant because of the massive reduction in required crafting material.

Higher level BPs cost more, they DO NOT GIVE MORE STAT AT THE SAME PERCENTAGES AS LOWER TIER BPs.  They simply cost more, the only thing that matters are the percentages of health, stam, energy, weight, and melee.  If a Ramshackle blueprint has higher health and melee than an Ascendant blueprint, the Ramshackle blueprint is better than the Ascendant, regardless of the Ascendant costing 10 times the material.

Do not spread false information about how stuff in the game works without testing it.  You may end up costing some new player thousands of dust and other material who is asking for advice.

haha never lied and a spawn trough commands its different than finding them on map by default and i also found the 3.8k dust after 3 weeks of hunting enforcers so yeah what you say its based on a 5 minute check trough admin commands.GO farm for at least a week and you will see its totally different, its random and you can always get an ascendant with low cost and good stats and maybe try lvl after you get some and see how great it is when you get lot of stats from a few levels. Dont come and tell us what you spawned on commands when i farmed for weeks on official server. Right now i am only looking for ascendant bps with decent costs and it takes me at least one week to find one.Also you are talking about a difference between mastercraft and ascendant but you should know that sometime mastercraft its equal or better than ascendant you did it one time you got an equal mastercraft and you come here to tell us.pls spawn 10 enforcers of each qualities then level them and then you will come to see some differences.When i will find a good bp i will post some prints with it and stats and i will also craft a primtivie one and also post a print screen to see the number diferences.

14 hours ago, Keito said:

haha never lied and a spawn trough commands its different than finding them on map by default and i also found the 3.8k dust after 3 weeks of hunting enforcers so yeah what you say its based on a 5 minute check trough admin commands.GO farm for at least a week and you will see its totally different, its random and you can always get an ascendant with low cost and good stats and maybe try lvl after you get some and see how great it is when you get lot of stats from a few levels. Dont come and tell us what you spawned on commands when i farmed for weeks on official server. Right now i am only looking for ascendant bps with decent costs and it takes me at least one week to find one.Also you are talking about a difference between mastercraft and ascendant but you should know that sometime mastercraft its equal or better than ascendant you did it one time you got an equal mastercraft and you come here to tell us.pls spawn 10 enforcers of each qualities then level them and then you will come to see some differences.When i will find a good bp i will post some prints with it and stats and i will also craft a primtivie one and also post a print screen to see the number diferences.

Time spent does not make what I said any less true, and what you said any more correct.  You can spend a year breeding two post-tame-bonus level 75 ankys together, and at the end of the one year, you will have 50 generations of totally crappy Ankys.  Sorry for stepping on your toes, but you aren't correct.

EDIT:  Spawning rideable enforcers is different.  But if you would do me the honor of reading my post, you should be able to discern that is not what I did.  You aren't understanding how my testing worked, and/or the point I'm trying to make, I get that now.  But again, don't offer bad advice that could cost a new player looking for information tons of materials.

Archived