Enforcer BP's are kinda confusing. Advice?

Melcreif

I have several BP's and I'm a  bit confused by them.  It seems to me that an Apprentice and Journeyman BP I have are better than the Ascendent ones and of course much cheaper.  But I'm only seeing a percentage on each BP so hard to tell exactly what that means.  For example I'll have a Journeyman where the health is listed as 115% and maybe the Ascendent is 95%.  Anyone know if this simply means that the Journeyman will have higher health?  Does the level really mean anything?

Higher levels mean higher base stats just like with any other creatures. I’m not entirely sure about the percentage and how they work. But on the JM BP it’ll be 115% of the base health for its level. So it’s possible the ascendant if higher level will have better health stats at 95%. 

FYI I’m not 100% certain as I haven’t tested bc enforcers are kinda useless imo. I could be wrong lol. 

The level of the blueprint has nothing to do with the quality of the blueprint. 

Quality (Ascendant, Ramshackle, etc) = how much it's going to cost you to build it

Level = how good its base stats will be

There's nothing connecting the two. I've also noticed a really obnoxious bug/feature where the blueprint that drops is lower than the Enforcer that dropped it. So you sight out a lvl 130, kill it, and the blueprint is a level 120. Super annoying. 

As for utility, if you can get a high level enforcer blueprint with good stat distribution, you can build it, throw it in a cryopod for a few days, and have yourself a really nice little wasteland explorer. They don't have the best HP, but their weight and melee make up for it. Once you hit a 300% melee, you're doing 400+ hits against corrupted dinos. Not too shabby, especially if you travel with 2-3 of them. 

In general, it's like item bps. The quality (primitive, ramshackle, apprentice, journeyman, mastercraft, ascendant) only dictates the cost and is a loose guideline for the stats: In this regard, qualities overlap, so a mastercraft can be better than an ascendant but an ascendant will pretty much always outshine a primitive. So ideally a player would be looking for a lower quality bp with higher stats, so as to not have to pay as much for the same effect

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 10:02 AM, Melcreif said:

Ok so it sounds like a given that 115% will always be better than say 95%. That % piece is what throws me because it's like % of what?

Their health is really low. Like.. 1k. Ive made two nice ones; 135 mastercraft with 100% all and 115 dmg, 50% hp, came out 1.2k hp 280 melee. Made an asc 148 (the drop lvls are weird.. it was from a 150 enforcer) which was 100% all stats, 110 melee and again low hp, 80%. This one came out 1.5k hp 296 melee and great weight stam. 

Now.. I use mine on the island.. but theyre pretty damn weak. On extinction they can hit nice, anything other than lower corrupt dinos will give em a beating though.

Leveled speed.... they are insane. I have one with 180 speed and its faster than render. Pair with teleport (and zero fall.dmg) they are incredibly fast. Ive beaten a friend in a race from 5050 to swamp cave when he was onna flier (snow owl)

I would keep clearing enforcers for some nice hp% roll ones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andrewrayven said:

That was kinda my thought as well, we built an ascendant 145 and to be honest the thing is trash.

I've noticed that not all BP's are created equally.  You can have an ascendent BP that's basically garbage, and another one that is pretty great.  I just look for BP's where the health and melee are both at least 100% and they turn out to be really good!

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

What I'm wondering is, does crafting skill allow you to create better enforcers? Anyone able to confirm this?

It does not.  They also do not receive a reduction from corrupted damage as advertised.  Enforcers are a great concept, but I think they left them hamstringed (on purpose) so MEKs would have a more prominent place.

24 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

It does not.  They also do not receive a reduction from corrupted damage as advertised.  Enforcers are a great concept, but I think they left them hamstringed (on purpose) so MEKs would have a more prominent place.

Oh I play on official so just took them at thier word on the reduction of damage piece.  Thanks for that info, too bad I really like them for defending Element nodes, but of course being that they are pretty squishy they are really only good for 10k nodes sadly.

Found amazeballs MC blps for Enforcer, Farmed for it, FINALLY built it, leveled it. So excited to use it!!! Yellow drop w/ 1 buddy: GO TIME. Throw it out... dies in less then a minute. At end of drop forgot to pick up BP. D:

On the real though, a 145+ MC bps are the best IMHO. Best stats, but literally less then half the cost of ASC.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, TheDonn said:

Are you sure about that? I remember reading ppl testing them and what they said was their dmg reduction from corrupts does not apply to arthroplueras reflected damage, but rest was ok.

2 hours ago, BornSlippy said:

If you really would like to craft yourself an enforcer make sure you use your crafter toon or if you know someone specd for crafting to boost the stats of your blueprint!

Have you tried that recently? Because afaik only the m.e.k. increases stats with crafting.

5 hours ago, arkark said:

Are you sure about that? I remember reading ppl testing them and what they said was their dmg reduction from corrupts does not apply to arthroplueras reflected damage, but rest was ok.

Have you tried that recently? Because afaik only the m.e.k. increases stats with crafting.

I just did a test on live official again, with (this is important) an uninflated, unsaddled, wild-tamed (not imprinted) Gasbags and an Enforcer.  Gasbags meeting the description take 100% full damage, so if the 'bags and the Enforcer are taking equal damage, Enforcers receive zero additional damage reduction.  The numbers showed exactly that.  I went a step further and loaded singleplayer, thinking that MAYBE Gasbags have some sort of weird innate dmg reduction (even when wild-tamed, unsaddled, and uninflated), so I spawned in SP a 'bags, an Enforcer, and a Direwolf.  All 3 took matching damage from a corrupt Spino (provided the 'bags was uninflated).  Soooo sadly, no.  Zero damage reduction, though it is in the patch notes.  (v287.110, found here:)

I have heard a "cover-up story" that Enforcers used to TAKE 60% increased damage FROM all Corrupt Dinos, and the -60% found in the patch notes was to bring them IN-LINE with other dinos.  As an early-adopter of Enforcers, I can tell you that is patently false:  Enforcers get hit just as hard now as they did on week 2 of the xpac release!  Also, WildCard would've worded the patch notes differently if that was the case, too.

EDIT:  @arkark, I believe you are also right about Enforcers.  Enforcers get no crafting bonus, just like Scouts.  MEKs do though, but I've been told by people that they saw no increase, strangely.  My testing on singleplayer and experience with crafting 2 MEKs on the official live servers says that crafting bonus does affect them.

• 2 weeks later...

So the difference between the qualities(master craft, ascendant, journeyman etc) is that when you lvl up and spend a point you get more stats. On an Ascendant bp after you craft it and lvl it up one point gives you almost 200 health while a primitive one gives you around 40 hp so i guess its worth spending more materials for better stats when leveling

On 3/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, Keito said:

So the difference between the qualities(master craft, ascendant, journeyman etc) is that when you lvl up and spend a point you get more stats. On an Ascendant bp after you craft it and lvl it up one point gives you almost 200 health while a primitive one gives you around 40 hp so i guess its worth spending more materials for better stats when leveling

That is not true, good sir.  The ONLY 100% predictable difference is the crafting material scaling, Keito.  So an Ascendant blueprint will cost more materials to craft than an Apprentice blueprint.  Especially with Enforcers, there is zero guarantee that an Ascendant blueprint will have better stats than an Apprentice or Journeyman blueprint.  It's all about the stats on the blueprint, and an Ascendant blueprint for an Enforcer with 95% health and 125% damage will ALWAYS be worse than a Journeyman blueprint with 110% health and 135% damage.  The Journeyman blueprint will cost significantly less to craft as well.

-----

The only reason you are getting more stats per point invested is because of the way domesticated level stat-addition works.  Each point into a domesticated dino (or mammal, or reptilian, or robot in the case of an Enforcer) increases the total stat based on a percentage of the stat at post-tame with zero levels invested (including imprint).

An example using the hitpoint-stat of Enforcers:

Enforcers gain 5.4% of their post-tame (when you place it on the ground after crafting) hitpoint (HP, or health) stat per level invested, regardless of quality or amount of materials invested to create it.  Whether it was a primitive Engram-crafted Enforcer or a 18000-dust Ascendant, that 5.4% per level will not change.  The post-tame HP stat WILL change though, and that's why you see the difference.

A level 1 Enforcer has 375 HP.  5.4% of 375 is 20.25 HP, which ARK would visually round up to 20.3 HP, meaning that if you had an Enforcer with 375 HP (as its post-tame HP stat) and put one point into HP, it would gain ~20.3 HP and show a new total of 395.3 HP.

Say you have a different higher-stat Enforcer (its a Journeyman blueprint-crafted Enforcer), and it has 4000 HP as its post-tame HP stat.  5.4% of 4000 is 216.0 HP, and so one point invested into HP brings you to 4216 HP, adding a lot more than the example of a level 1.

You then have a third Enforcer (its an Ascendant blueprint-crafted Enforcer) with 3100 HP as its post-tame HP stat.  5.4% of 3100 is 167.4 HP, and investing one point in HP brings your total to 167.4 HP.

-----

The quality does not affect the 5.4% per point, only the initial amount.  After seeing many Enforcer blueprints, I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that MOST OF THE TIME, Ascendant quality blueprints are usually worse than Journeyman or Mastercraft blueprints, while also costing a premium of material more than the others.  There is no hard-and-fast rule about "Ascendant is better," the closest we can get to that is "Ascendant is more expensive."

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 4:13 AM, TheDonn said:

That is not true, good sir.  The ONLY 100% predictable difference is the crafting material scaling, Keito.  So an Ascendant blueprint will cost more materials to craft than an Apprentice blueprint.  Especially with Enforcers, there is zero guarantee that an Ascendant blueprint will have better stats than an Apprentice or Journeyman blueprint.  It's all about the stats on the blueprint, and an Ascendant blueprint for an Enforcer with 95% health and 125% damage will ALWAYS be worse than a Journeyman blueprint with 110% health and 135% damage.  The Journeyman blueprint will cost significantly less to craft as well.

-----

The only reason you are getting more stats per point invested is because of the way domesticated level stat-addition works.  Each point into a domesticated dino (or mammal, or reptilian, or robot in the case of an Enforcer) increases the total stat based on a percentage of the stat at post-tame with zero levels invested (including imprint).

An example using the hitpoint-stat of Enforcers:

Enforcers gain 5.4% of their post-tame (when you place it on the ground after crafting) hitpoint (HP, or health) stat per level invested, regardless of quality or amount of materials invested to create it.  Whether it was a primitive Engram-crafted Enforcer or a 18000-dust Ascendant, that 5.4% per level will not change.  The post-tame HP stat WILL change though, and that's why you see the difference.

A level 1 Enforcer has 375 HP.  5.4% of 375 is 20.25 HP, which ARK would visually round up to 20.3 HP, meaning that if you had an Enforcer with 375 HP (as its post-tame HP stat) and put one point into HP, it would gain ~20.3 HP and show a new total of 395.3 HP.

Say you have a different higher-stat Enforcer (its a Journeyman blueprint-crafted Enforcer), and it has 4000 HP as its post-tame HP stat.  5.4% of 4000 is 216.0 HP, and so one point invested into HP brings you to 4216 HP, adding a lot more than the example of a level 1.

You then have a third Enforcer (its an Ascendant blueprint-crafted Enforcer) with 3100 HP as its post-tame HP stat.  5.4% of 3100 is 167.4 HP, and investing one point in HP brings your total to 167.4 HP.

-----

The quality does not affect the 5.4% per point, only the initial amount.  After seeing many Enforcer blueprints, I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that MOST OF THE TIME, Ascendant quality blueprints are usually worse than Journeyman or Mastercraft blueprints, while also costing a premium of material more than the others.  There is no hard-and-fast rule about "Ascendant is better," the closest we can get to that is "Ascendant is more expensive."

I found an ascendant bp wich only costs 3.8k dust so its about luck its totally random and i recomend crafting higher tier even if its more costly cus you will win over leveling points as they are more effective.Think of unimprinted and imprinted dinos, thats the diference between tiers, more stats per level

Archived