Help, I'm being griefed on PvE!

AriannaTheCrazy

16 minutes ago, CptTatsumiya said:

Agreed.

Its unfortunately difficult to make a game truely PvE in a multiplayer setting when you have mechanics like land possesion

Well the devs have has years to improve PvE and they haven't. Just all the PvP nerfs.

Things like land claim blocks have been used in other games. Of course WC has problems setting limits, so real land claim might make it worse.

I think its fair that they pillard the area to claim it as it loooked like you had left but since you have come back and have asked them i would remove them

i would wait for 2 times and tame as many bronto, diplo as you can be bothered too.

then cryo pod them and then throw them out in their base in their main base door ways, if oyu really wanna get them back see fi you can spot them hatching eggs and the block doors. 

nasty and might be against pve rules but you have politly asked them to remove them.

7 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

I think its fair that they pillard the area to claim it as it loooked like you had left but since you have come back and have asked them i would remove them

i would wait for 2 times and tame as many bronto, diplo as you can be bothered too.

then cryo pod them and then throw them out in their base in their main base door ways, if oyu really wanna get them back see fi you can spot them hatching eggs and the block doors. 

nasty and might be against pve rules but you have politly asked them to remove them.

2 hours ago, LarryLafer said:

Blocking doorways with cheap tames is a good idea but could also put your account in jeopardy.

Larry is right. Regular Pillaring isnt against the rules but this is.

That being said.. use an alt account ;) 

I couldnt imagine playing official PVE these days with cryopods. 

On 1/22/2019 at 12:37 PM, AriannaTheCrazy said:

Has anyone got a suggestion as to what I could do to help me regain back my territory?

Keep adding to your report. It is against rules to block you in, and even tho you have been away to have some of your base despawned, you have made an effort to get the other players attention, but they refused to respond.

I believe the report form allows for additional replies. Try that.

Sample situations I have personally experienced:

When I see a base dinos/wood despawn, and I want that territory, I would pillar it too (I have done this on Extinction, and now have a lovely space! If they returned before all of their stuff despawned, I would be more than happy to remove my pillars (all their stuff, except for their body, is gone. he is nicely tucked away under my new base in case he ever comes back).

I have also had a situation where I had given my tribe to someone I thought I could trust, who turned around and ditched me (by believing the lies of their tribemate) and they eventually had a falling out between them, they split up, and eventually both stopped playing... Me and my friend pillared the living dilo out of my old territory, and I will NOT return it. It was my land to begin with. If I get reported for it... well.. this second scenario happened on Legacy, so it's not something WC will enforce.

So it depends on what has happened in the past, and the circumstances, as well as the type of server. Be careful... make sure you are within rules, whatever you do. Do what you feel is right and good.

9 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Pve is strange... 

I logged in today after being away for a few days to find I had been killed by a dino a few days in game before my dinos were killed when I logged on yet NOBODY has been on in the time between all of this happening. Ummmm how? How does my character get killed at a different time to my dinos?? Isn't that what offline raid protection is? And furthermore, my freakin bed wasn't even damaged yet that's where I died. Hmmm DILO?

Sometimes wilds can attack stuff inside fully enclosed houses. While structures and tames have Offline Raid Protection, player's bodies do not.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, AriannaTheCrazy said:

So Long story short, I went away for a while due to ill health and came back to my base, all dinos despawned and pipes along with wood structures (Fair enough!)

I decided to start rebuilding the bits and pieces that have gone but I've got one problem, in my absence my neighbour has managed to pillar in around my base so closely I can't even put the roof back on my base!
I've asked them repeatedly if they can remove the pillars and they're outright ignoring me, I've literally jumped around infront of them and they refused to acknowledge me.

Now I've put in a report at the back end of December asking if I could have someone come and remove the pillars so I can put my roof back on and the plumbing in but the Mods are refusing to do anything! It's been under "Investigation" for a month now and I'm fed up.

Has anyone got a suggestion as to what I could do to help me regain back my territory?

Where are you? why not come to our server and join us

The overall problem: A greedy player can pillar a good player too easy.

I had a medium scorched earth base with a wall and a couple of medium houses. looks like my neigbour startet to pillar my base up in a way I could not even repair / replace my own wall segments. Funny thing, he had even placed a pillar less than two foundations away from my wall effecttively blocking part of my houses far inside my walls too!! How the Fun can someone place a pillar so close to my structures that even I can not access them any more? Thankfully he was a reasonable guy and moved his pillars a bit.

Even more frightning, a guy placed a small thatch structure inside my walls and blocking my main stable. Thankfully it decayed quickly.

The moral of the story: Place metal pillars around your base and inside your base in large numbers. It is a stupid game mechanics but a valid game mechanics. On my main server I have claimed around 30 foundations outside my walls, over 100 pillars in and outside my base . Utter waste of space, but ugly but only solution to this.

I had someone do something similar to me. My computer crashed and I had to get a new one. When I got back to Ark, someone had claimed the land adjacent to mine and prevented me building. When he refused to move his structure, I waited till he logged off, then built a wall surrounding his base on all sides. Basically trapped his land dinos inside.

Within a day he came to me seeking a resolution. He took down his structures and I demolished my wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I have been grief on PVE too the official extinction map the darn corrupted dinosaurs being lure into the city best bet is screen shots of the players names and the dino they are on them send a report in we had the scout show up the next day and seen where the player was using the teleport to move the corrupt giga from the waist land to the city the problem was fixed.

Archived