Your Favorite Explorer Notes

gfan84

Hi guys, I was just wondering now that the full story of ARK has been showed, who was your favorite explorer story in the game?  For me it was Helena and Mei.  Helena is the most popular (from what I have seen) but I think it is because she seems to be the person we can relate to the most as she comes from "modern day Australia."  But also she is the creator of the dino Dossiers from the Island to Extinction and this gives the player a reference to the creatures found in the game.  We also sort of see the world through her eyes by the writings themselves, from the time we first see the sun rise and set, to the first time we realize a Rex can survive in the snow attacking a mammoth.

Then there is Mei, who is just all around awesome, she's like the warrior queen or "Beast Queen" as others have described her.  She is the one who we players hope to be, taming the most powerful and high level creatures we can find and sending them off to battle with ourselves at the head of the pack.  Her story on the Island is my favorite, and her rivalry to Nerva leads to both an epic battle and a bit of heartbreak as well, though her biggest defeat was on Aberration.  She is also a strong willed character, but has some moments of being helpless as well, and I really like the bond of friendship between her and Helena.

So who are your favorite Explorer Notes?  

2 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I actually liked raia's story it was touching and a perfect example of how cruel and senseless the AIs running the ARKs can be. and it also hinted that survivors can possibly live a very long time if you picked up the other parts of raia's  story in helena's scorched earth notes.

I agree here, shes the wyvern master right? Been awhile.. I liked the whole "trying to build a town and the world working against you" aspect. Felt the most 'real' out of the cannon stories (Game wise not vs real life)

Archived