The game update 0 bytes/sec

EbFrostBite

Apparently i got the game files else where, but bought the game just yesterday, i moved the existing files to the steam installation folder, and try to continue downloading. seams like it needs 30.1G more update, and the first 20G was ok, but the rest is just all go up to 3mb/s for 1-5 sec and then drop to 0 bytes/s for like 1-5min. this morning it shows another update had to be done which is again 30.1G..... and it's even worst this time. 0bytes all the time

The game will very frequently stop downloading at points as it takes data from the download folder and copies it to the actual folder.  I found this by checking actual hard drive activity and found that 90% of my hard drive activity was coming from the system moving files around for the game.  Just give it time and let it run overnight, turn off sleep mode on the PC via the Power Options so it won't be interrupted and it'll be done by morning unless you have slow internet speeds.  The biggest culprit of this is the maps, they're separated into hundreds of individual files which is why it takes so long to download and install.

Now if it doesn't finish after a full night of downloading, you may need to stop the download and do a file integrity check which will take a good hour or more on its own, THEN it will continue downloading.

Archived