Official PvP Dino AUTO DECAY?!?!

Rancor

What the hell is Dino auto decay doing on Official PvP servers?! Not only did I lose my Rex stuck in a cave after a OP micro raptor knocked me off it, but now I wasted another 3 hours and a second rex + gear trying to get it back. Only to get far enough into the cave to have the game update my messages to say the dino i am trying to save has been deleted?! I call BS on that kind of mechanic on a PvP server. Hell even if it did auto decay find a way to update the tribe logs BEFORE someone wastes a bunch of time and energy going back in for it! 

Lost 2 Rexs, gear, and a bunch of time.... (2-3 hours per Rex with reg meat and prime trying to advance >.> ) 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/123r1234r/screenshot/946220797946262465

Around 5-7 days.  Never knew they added a auto decay to dinos though.  Played around 4k hours total,  and have played since way before transfers of other maps....  You know some actual in game rules would be nice so people know what's up.  Kept checklist tribe lots every day to see if another tribe of Dino had killed the Rex and since it didn't show any logs decided to take another rex to finally get it back.  (extinction map,  underground forest cave)

16 hours ago, shadowkyuubi said:

dino decay timer is 8 days on official servers, both PVP and PVE

Would be nice if the actual game had somewhere you could see this info... 

But also the notice didn't get sent until i was in the cave. Guess if no one loads that section of the map it counts as frozen (stasis) kinda lame to not know the game decided to delete your sh*t AFTER you spent hours getting a tame to go save it. A nice notice would of stopped me from wasting time and hope. 

1 hour ago, Rancor said:

Would be nice if the actual game had somewhere you could see this info... 

But also the notice didn't get sent until i was in the cave. Guess if no one loads that section of the map it counts as frozen (stasis) kinda lame to not know the game decided to delete your sh*t AFTER you spent hours getting a tame to go save it. A nice notice would of stopped me from wasting time and hope. 

Autodecay happens when the area renders when the timer is up.

I find it hard to believe you played 4k hours and haven't experienced it before. You didn't render your stuff for a week, the system automatically destroyed it so that players who have quit can concede their spot for newer players. You had all week to go back but didn't, it sucks but you could have prevented it.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Autodecay happens when the area renders when the timer is up.

I find it hard to believe you played 4k hours and haven't experienced it before. You didn't render your stuff for a week, the system automatically destroyed it so that players who have quit can concede their spot for newer players. You had all week to go back but didn't, it sucks but you could have prevented it.

I've had all sorts of low tier structures and pillars decay after time, but have never lost a dino to it. Logging in every day I guess you just don't suspect the game to delete your tames as viciously as a random pillar. 

And the only way to "prevent it" was to tame another damn rex to save the first one, which i did too late unaware it was already deleted! You can not just run, fly, wall climb with an enforcer, grapple etc your way into the underground forests cave. I tried one method almost EVERY night until I had enough time to waste taming a rex to get me down there.  

Archived