Fresh Start - New Play-Through

Richman4

I made a post yesterday but since the discussion and some though I have decided to try a fresh play-though. I have ~500 hours between xbox and pc but its all exclusively single player and unofficial servers. I wanted to try something new and not do the same old play-though, build a huge base, get tons of tames all over again. I decided on some restrictions that I think will give the game a new feel.

1. No taming any dinos. All dinos must be traded for or breed

2. No accepting anything for free. I must earn or trade for everything. No unbalanced trades either

3. No trading for crafted items. I can only trade for resources and bp. 

4. All dinos I use must be from the map I am currently on or maps I have complete.

5. I must move though all the main maps in story line order. (no going to maps I haven't "unlocked" even for trading. This may mean I need to pay more for people to deliver my trades)

6. All my level ups must go into crafting skill (To make this more of a challenge)

Unfortunately my pc isn't good enough to record or stream or I'd make videos for anyone wishing to follow my progress. At this point I guess I'll post updates here if anyone cares enough to follow. I have a small wooden base near the south of The Island and I am gathering ingots to trade. As soon as my Early Bird tag goes away and I have access to the trading forums I'll begin trading for dinos.

Which dino(s) would be best to trade for first? Obviously something like a Quetzal or Argentavis would be nice to help gather metal but they might be expensive and I can't make a saddle yet. Even a Parasaur would make a good mule for me considering my base is near some metal nodes. What are your thoughts on these restrictions and what advice do you have?

Edit: How long am I an "Early Bird"? It sucks not being able to view the trade forum only being able to post 4 times a day. I can't even comment more on my own posts.

2 hours ago, Richman4 said:

I made a post yesterday but since the discussion and some though I have decided to try a fresh play-though. I have ~500 hours between xbox and pc but its all exclusively single player and unofficial servers. I wanted to try something new and not do the same old play-though, build a huge base, get tons of tames all over again. I decided on some restrictions that I think will give the game a new feel.

1. No taming any dinos. All dinos must be traded for or breed

2. No accepting anything for free. I must earn or trade for everything. No unbalanced trades either

3. No trading for crafted items. I can only trade for resources and bp. 

4. All dinos I use must be from the map I am currently on or maps I have complete.

5. I must move though all the main maps in story line order. (no going to maps I haven't "unlocked" even for trading. This may mean I need to pay more for people to deliver my trades)

6. All my level ups must go into crafting skill (To make this more of a challenge)

Unfortunately my pc isn't good enough to record or stream or I'd make videos for anyone wishing to follow my progress. At this point I guess I'll post updates here if anyone cares enough to follow. I have a small wooden base near the south of The Island and I am gathering ingots to trade. As soon as my Early Bird tag goes away and I have access to the trading forums I'll begin trading for dinos.

Which dino(s) would be best to trade for first? Obviously something like a Quetzal or Argentavis would be nice to help gather metal but they might be expensive and I can't make a saddle yet. Even a Parasaur would make a good mule for me considering my base is near some metal nodes. What are your thoughts on these restrictions and what advice do you have?

Edit: How long am I an "Early Bird"? It sucks not being able to view the trade forum only being able to post 4 times a day. I can't even comment more on my own posts.

We have a long standing thread for life stories, come join us and post in 'What did you do in Ark today?" Some of the stories are over 1.5yrs plus in the making!

As to your questions: Thats tricky. Noones going to sell a parasaur (or.. theu might but what you going to offer?) I bet you could ask someone to sell an argentavis, instead of the usual ingots.. maybe they want some premade stone walls or foundations for an upcoming project or outpost. Maybe they need some dino tributes (you will make a lot of headway here.. try to collect Theriz claws, thyo claws, megaladon teeth etc - or even bulk artifacts *suicide bed runs*)

Your last question: After 10 posts you are out of early birds

Archived