jerboa breeding question

GameFreak

so ive never bred jerboa before and i noticed that the jerboa popped out a lv 3 instead of a lv 1 and it had 1 mutation (both the parents were event color if that makes a difference) and when i went to look at the parents to find out why i saw that one jerboa had higher dmg and weight than the other (the baby had the same exact stats as the one with the 2 higher stats). im guessing that the stats are different because one was tamed with berries and the other with the seeds but i was just wondering if the reason it was 2 lvs higher was because of the 2 stats that were higher on the one parent?

16 hours ago, GameFreak said:

so ive never bred jerboa before and i noticed that the jerboa popped out a lv 3 instead of a lv 1 and it had 1 mutation (both the parents were event color if that makes a difference) and when i went to look at the parents to find out why i saw that one jerboa had higher dmg and weight than the other (the baby had the same exact stats as the one with the 2 higher stats). im guessing that the stats are different because one was tamed with berries and the other with the seeds but i was just wondering if the reason it was 2 lvs higher was because of the 2 stats that were higher on the one parent?

I wold say its more of a mutation as to why it came out a level 3 instead. Jerboa don't get extra level regardless of how its tamed.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, GameFreak said:

Yep, you just got a mutation.  All Jerboas tame out at level 1 on official, they aren't tameable at a higher level.  It IS possible for you to see a boost to how the stats turn out, because of the taming effectiveness multipliers present on nearly all creatures.  I'll explain:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Jerboa#Base_Stats_and_Growth

If you look at the "Melee damage" section, you expect to see a flat addition to melee from the base value of 100% of 14, making the melee 114%, and this will not change...  However there is an extra multiplier applied to that value, based on the taming effectiveness.  That multiplier is up to 17.6% of the 114% melee, depending on the taming effectiveness.  So with a fully effective 2x Plant-Y-seed tame, you SHOULD expect 99.4% taming effectiveness, and that gives 99.4% of the extra multiplier.

So multiply 17.6 by .994, and we get 17.49%.  We can then see the total melee expected by taking our 114 and multiplying it by 1.1749, giving us 133.9% melee damage.

But, say you tame another and accidentally beat the piss out of it when you knock it out, and almost kill it.  The taming effectiveness starts much lower when it starts to eat because of all the extra damage...  Let's say at 40%.  It finishes taming at 38% taming effectiveness, so we only get 38% of the extra multiplier.

We then multiply 17.6 by .38, and we get 6.69%.  We get the new expected melee stat with (again) our 114 multiplied by 1.067, giving us 121.6% melee damage.

So depending on the exact taming effectiveness, you can have fluctuations in these multipliers that show different stats across multiple level 1-tamed Jerboas, even if they are all level 1.  But in your specific case, it came out level 3, and you gotta find the mutation!  So, look at the melee.  Is it higher than ~134%, say like 145%?  If so, the melee stat mutated and increased two wild-levels' worth.  Is the weight higher than 55, like maybe 57.2?  If so, your weight mutated and increased two wild-levels' worth!

Remember too, mutations are always exactly 3 things:  2 points into a stat, a 2-level increase to dino's birth level, and a color-zone mutation. It is important to note that -ANY STAT- can mutate, the mutated stat can even be movement speed which would be considered "wasted" mutation points.  Also, -ANY ZONE- can mutate, even color zones the dino-in-question does not use, ie. Jerboa Region 1, 2, and 3 color-zones are not used (only Region 0, 4, and 5 are used) and if one of these "mutate" it has "wasted" the color mutation and you will not see a difference.  I don't really like to speak in firm absolutes, but anyone who denies this exact nature of mutations doesn't know what they are talking about.

i know that they all tame out at lv 1 but i have one jerboa that was tamed with mejo and the other that was tamed with plant y seed and for some reason the lv 1 jerboa i tamed with the seeds has higher melee and weight than the one i tamed with mejo. thats why im confued atm.

Vaculity, im breeding jerboa because i like them and would like colors lol

1 hour ago, GameFreak said:

i know that they all tame out at lv 1 but i have one jerboa that was tamed with mejo and the other that was tamed with plant y seed and for some reason the lv 1 jerboa i tamed with the seeds has higher melee and weight than the one i tamed with mejo. thats why im confued atm.

Vaculity, im breeding jerboa because i like them and would like colors lol

any stated animal is random in the spectrum, meaning all, as an example,150 animals have a point spread where they would have a percentage melee or other stat.  So the level 1 Jerboa even though its a level one would have random base points when it spawned like any other creature.  That's why serious breeders will compare the taming stats to see long before finishing the tame to see if it will be better or pretty good for breeding.

i double checked and found out that every jerboa that i tame with berries have the same stats and every jerboa i tame with seeds have the same stats except for the weight and melee which are higher than the others for some reason. ive tamed five with each and thats how they have all come out so far. this is a little confusing.

• 4 months later...

Archived