What is the best way to tame a managamr?

Benjamin1260

They will aggro to ANYTHING that moves so make sure to clear as much as you can from the area you want to tame it - then use behemoth stone gates to make a trap for it. 

1 Gate in front and behind with doors on and rest (2-3) stacked over the middle of it in a "Gate Tunnel" with no doors to stop it jumping out.

if you pop one tranq in it when it is not attacking anything, it will agro on you but in a solid evil way.. it will chase, pounce, bite and freeze you until killed or KO'd.. I had one chase me from Drain pipe near cave in the snow right the way to blue ob and it ignored everything in its pash, drolling at my hide ass

42 minutes ago, photonicle said:

if you pop one tranq in it when it is not attacking anything, it will agro on you but in a solid evil way.. it will chase, pounce, bite and freeze you until killed or KO'd.. I had one chase me from Drain pipe near cave in the snow right the way to blue ob and it ignored everything in its pash, drolling at my hide ass

LOL that's awesome and great advice!  I know others have talked about Rare flowers, but I've had basically zero response from them using flowers.  Thanks for the tip!

on both 456 and 506 i built a trap for manas, behemoth gate, checkboard ceiling half way down gate, and door frame walls, i am able to pull the mana in, close the door fly out the roof on my bird and just ko it, and relatively dont worry about the other animals bothering it. but if your in the field i seen people use bear traps / dino gate frames to pin it down and knock it out then surround it with spike walls

with the changes to them no longer ignoring armor.. just find a big dino you own take it out.. when the mana agros you.. shoot it.. when it breathes ice go under your dino it will dive bombs you tranq the poop out of it.. they go down pretty fast.. or build a trap and hope you can lure them into it. lots of trap videos on the youtubes. I have no issues with mastercraft flak and a few healing brews

land next to it with a snow owl and freeze it, while frozen snap dino gates on top of it dismount, shotgun anything it was fighting, knock it out, protect it in whatever fashion you prefer for field tames.  I have no methods that don't involve building, so if you are on official near a pillar field i'd suggest rare flowering it somewhere else.  as long as you keep sprinting with the owl they shouldn't be able to shoot you long enough to freeze you off.  glider suit/parachute/grappling hooks are useful.

Archived