Constantly free falling on the ground since recent update

girlygirlgamer322

Ever since the patch i've been having issues where i'll be running on flat ground and sometimes i'll get stuck in the falling animation for a few seconds. This also happens sometimes when i walk off of a foundation and i'll get stuck on the side of the foundation doing the falling animation for about 10 seconds. Lots of people are reporting this and it's pretty game breaking, please fix this promptly.

I am experiencing this issue as well. Just sprinting across normal terrain, or foundations causes me to get stuck in the falling animation. This happens even if there is nothing to get wedged between.  I have not played Ark in a few months, so I thought maybe a file was corrupt, but after a file validation, and then a complete uninstall/reinstall, and creating a new world with no mods loaded, the issue persists. It happens way too frequently to enjoy playing at the moment. How does this not have more visibility?

Place a foundation or two on the ground, or find a rock you can run up. Sprint up and down a couple times on it. After a few tries, maybe 1 in 6, you'll get stuck in the falling animation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, TheGrumpyLumberjack said:

No you are not the only one.  I registered just so I could find news about this and comment on your post.  I even see it on recent streams/episodes.  It is an issue throughout the whole user base AFAIK.  Very annoying.

A fix for it is coming tomorrow:

9 hours ago, Jen said:

Movement    

• Fix for players getting stuck when walking off foundations

I have had this issue on Xbox since the update as well. I will NOT complain, because the update appears to have fixed the crashing issue. I will gladly play the game getting stuck evr so often instead of randomly getting redirected to the xbox home page losing ALL recent progress. Thank you so much Wild Card!

7 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

If you are on Singleplayer or an Admin on your server, just do the 'Fly' command when you get stuck. I know it's annoying, but it's a workaround till Wildcard gets their poop together and fixes it. 

I'm a brand newbie, what is the "Fly" command?

6 hours ago, Legowarrior145 said:

for me ramps seem to prevent free falling

They oftentimes do prevent it but I have surprisingly gotten stuck on some a few times. 

Anything that my character automatically "jumps" off of will usually cause it, even if it's walking over a tiny rock that makes her do a little step downward. Foundations are a big culprit but not the only one for me. Jumping onto boulders to escape a dino is just outright dangerous for me now lol. Aaand I was backing up while shooting my bow at a carnivore yesterday and randomly froze in the ground for no reason and got killed from that, so this bug has caused more than annoyance for me, sadly. Although annoyance is indeed another thing it causes haha 

13 minutes ago, Heebyjeebies said:

I'm a brand newbie, what is the "Fly" command?

They oftentimes do prevent it but I have surprisingly gotten stuck on some a few times. 

Anything that my character automatically "jumps" off of will usually cause it, even if it's walking over a tiny rock that makes her do a little step downward. Foundations are a big culprit but not the only one for me. Jumping onto boulders to escape a dino is just outright dangerous for me now lol. Aaand I was backing up while shooting my bow at a carnivore yesterday and randomly froze in the ground for no reason and got killed from that, so this bug has caused more than annoyance for me, sadly. Although annoyance is indeed another thing it causes haha 

Open up your command line and type in the word "Fly" then hit the jump button. You'll lift into the air. Move forward a bit, then open the command line again and type in 'Walk' and you'll drop back to the ground.

Another thing you could do, instead of typing in the 'Walk' command, is, if a tame is nearby, mount it,,then dismount, you'll be walking again.

5 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

Open up your command line and type in the word "Fly" then hit the jump button. You'll lift into the air. Move forward a bit, then open the command line again and type in 'Walk' and you'll drop back to the ground.

Another thing you could do, instead of typing in the 'Walk' command, is, if a tame is nearby, mount it,,then dismount, you'll be walking again.

Ahhh, I appreciate the answer, unfortunately I'm an xbox player so I don't get a command line, I don't think. I'll keep the tamed dinosaur option in mind!

15 hours ago, Heebyjeebies said:

Ahhh, I appreciate the answer, unfortunately I'm an xbox player so I don't get a command line, I don't think. I'll keep the tamed dinosaur option in mind!

You do get a command line on Xbox. Open up the paus menu and simultaneously hit LB+RB+X+Y. It'll put the command bar at the top of your screen. 

Archived