Harvesting Prime meat.

Daace

i have been searching for a while now.

But is there a calculator that shows what is the best tool to use for harvesting prime?

I know the pickaxe is best when everything is vanilla.

But when i have a 200% sword it feels like it gives me way more prime.

and  when you have a tame.. i believe a higher level argent with more melee gives more prime then a lower level with low melee.

I also feel like my high level sword gives me more then a 130% melee argent.

Is there any way to know what is the most efficient way to harvest the prime of the corpse with the current stuff you have?

Or is it just a list of tames and tools, and weapon / melee  damage does not matter?

Melee damage does matter for both players and dinos, theres alsp specific items and dinos that harvest it better as you found out.

Is there a list ? Dont know. You can look up dodoex, find prime meat and there will be a tiered list of what dinos harvest it better, it wont go into detail abot exact melee % youll have to test yourself

4 minutes ago, iLLuSivE said:

According to Dododex, top creature for getting prime is a giga. Reaper, rex, wyvern, mosa all tied for second. 

top is moschops with points in prime meat...

59 minutes ago, Daace said:

i have been searching for a while now.

But is there a calculator that shows what is the best tool to use for harvesting prime?

I know the pickaxe is best when everything is vanilla.

But when i have a 200% sword it feels like it gives me way more prime.

and  when you have a tame.. i believe a higher level argent with more melee gives more prime then a lower level with low melee.

I also feel like my high level sword gives me more then a 130% melee argent.

Is there any way to know what is the most efficient way to harvest the prime of the corpse with the current stuff you have?

Or is it just a list of tames and tools, and weapon / melee  damage does not matter?

you can test it by killing some seals... ah penguins

Moschops put every Dino in the game to shame when it comes to gathering just about. Tame a high level moschops and put the bonus stats into prime gathering. 

On the normal rates for officials you’re looking at about 30+ prime meat from one paracer. I have gotten over 70 prime meat quite a lot during the evolution event. 

3 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Well what do you have other than an argy and sword? We're not mind readers. xD

Its not about what i have right now.

I'm not a big tribe on an empty server.

I go from pvp server to pvp server and just do pvp stuff mostly solo.

So what i have depends on the situation, Mostly the loot i got.

But i don't think there is a calculator for it, it seems. :<

Archived