Why legacy is better...

Lycan187u

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I could say even better things about Single player mode.

No trolls

No WC GM (or absent GMs really)

This isn't far from the saying "Death solves all problems. No men, no problem."

If there wasn't a literal flood of unofficial servers, I would say that would be the ideal to go to over Official. But if you are looking to play singleplayer but want to multiplayer experience, Unofficial is actually the place to choose. You can still trade with people, but you can keep to yourself and not worry about getting screwed.

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

This isn't far from the saying "Death solves all problems. No men, no problem."

If there wasn't a literal flood of unofficial servers, I would say that would be the ideal to go to over Official. But if you are looking to play singleplayer but want to multiplayer experience, Unofficial is actually the place to choose. You can still trade with people, but you can keep to yourself and not worry about getting screwed.

I played unofficial servers for a long time. Then ran a small community for a while. But life got too busy, I just don't have time and have to take extended breaks.

I am really happy with Ark as a single player game. I play modded and only slightly boosted rates.

I think the most important thing is that players playing where the are having fun. The OP clearly likes legacy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.1.2019 at 02:46, d1nk said:

Das Plus ist: Sie könnten Ihren Server tatsächlich bei einem Hosting-Unternehmen hochladen, wenn er heruntergefahren ist, und den SP-Stil weiterhin spielen (oder frühere Server-Peeps einladen).

U cant do this because the save file for Legacy is a year old... (Xbox Island 165)

Legacy is better for who?  Newb beginners?  OP might have valid point.  Honestly I never bothered to try Legacy.  I thought it was were all the old Ark geezers hung out talking about the good ol days or somethn else not of interest to me while they polished their big fat boss trophies or dunked newbs in Davy Jones' Locker, if they bothered to come outside their bases at all.

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Legacy is better for who?  Newb beginners?  OP might have valid point.  Honestly I never bothered to try Legacy.  I thought it was were all the old Ark geezers hung out talking about the good ol days or somethn else not of interest to me while they polished their big fat boss trophies or dunked newbs in Davy Jones' Locker, if they bothered to come outside their bases at all.

Haha I do feel old in game 7.5k hours rofl but I mix it up with Lil pvp helps with boredum caused by shining my boss trophys ;)

I love the community of Center60 PvE official. They guys and girls on there are a really decent bunch. We are all trying out for the same thing and that helps as we can share new muts, colours, ideas etc. 

For newbs' it is even better as I have now just given a second set of boss Rexes away. As we get new lines, I give away my old lines. You could argue that newbs wont learn but they still go and tame their own dino's just with the help of a decent Rex or Argy.

There is no toxicity - only for Raptor Claus and that was resolved a few days later anyway. 

Whether you play on Official, Unofficial, SP, or whatever... its luck as to whether you will get a good one. SP can get lonely, PvP can get toxic, unofficials too, but its jut about how lucky you are as to which one you pick.

I played Dayz Origins for years on an unofficial server and luckily for me the admins were awesome, we all decided enough was enough after 4 years and the server folded but it was some great gaming. I tried another unofficial a few months back and the admins were 'sick' as they decided that because I had managed to get a merlin and they wanted both of the ones available on the server, they just took it even though it has a PIN on it. Admin abuse... i was just unlucky with the sever I chose.

So, getting back on track... the statement that legacy is better is simply not true. You are lucky in that your legacy server is a good server. I can guarantee that if you dont act like a **** then you'd have a great time on Official Center60 as everyone there is great fun.

Its down to pure luck and all flavours of ARK can be great, its not a PvP v PvE or Official v Unofficial... its just ARK.

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

I love the community of Center60 PvE official. They guys and girls on there are a really decent bunch. We are all trying out for the same thing and that helps as we can share new muts, colours, ideas etc. 

For newbs' it is even better as I have now just given a second set of boss Rexes away. As we get new lines, I give away my old lines. You could argue that newbs wont learn but they still go and tame their own dino's just with the help of a decent Rex or Argy.

There is no toxicity - only for Raptor Claus and that was resolved a few days later anyway. 

Whether you play on Official, Unofficial, SP, or whatever... its luck as to whether you will get a good one. SP can get lonely, PvP can get toxic, unofficials too, but its jut about how lucky you are as to which one you pick.

I played Dayz Origins for years on an unofficial server and luckily for me the admins were awesome, we all decided enough was enough after 4 years and the server folded but it was some great gaming. I tried another unofficial a few months back and the admins were 'sick' as they decided that because I had managed to get a merlin and they wanted both of the ones available on the server, they just took it even though it has a PIN on it. Admin abuse... i was just unlucky with the sever I chose.

So, getting back on track... the statement that legacy is better is simply not true. You are lucky in that your legacy server is a good server. I can guarantee that if you dont act like a **** then you'd have a great time on Official Center60 as everyone there is great fun.

Its down to pure luck and all flavours of ARK can be great, its not a PvP v PvE or Official v Unofficial... its just ARK.

I agree with you for the most part though I don't just play one server XD I play on about 15 servers lol which for the most part the communitys are pretty awesome Minus few trolls from time to time which we usually  just in prison till their ready to act right xD  Play the game an enjoy whatever game mode suits you !!!!

Archived