Do you prefer PVE or PVP?

StarMerc89

5 minutes ago, StarMerc89 said:

Personally, I'm strictly on Singleplayer until I can get a better feel for the game.

Does anyone here use console commands and/or cheats with any regularity?

I played about 300 hours on my current SP.

I use the console a lot for saveworld before I do stupid things

e.g. testing how strong a cave is (quite strong) / testing if my level 240 plesio can beat this 72 alpha mosa (it can not)

some might consider this cheating, but whatever - I am not taming a new plesio just to test it again ?

However, even when I tried to build a Leedsichthys-proof raft I farmed all the stuff instead of cheating it

However I got some of the settings changed:

0.5x egg ratio (which means double)

2x crop maturing time

1.5x XP gain

2x ressource gain

0.75x ressources respawn (which is faster)

10x mating time (so I don't have to spam "all stay put" for 1 minute); no effect on mating interval tough

and of course I slowed down maturing so i can imprint my dinos

2 hours ago, LycristKatkiller said:

I played about 300 hours on my current SP.

I use the console a lot for saveworld before I do stupid things

e.g. testing how strong a cave is (quite strong) / testing if my level 240 plesio can beat this 72 alpha mosa (it can not)

some might consider this cheating, but whatever - I am not taming a new plesio just to test it again ?

However, even when I tried to build a Leedsichthys-proof raft I farmed all the stuff instead of cheating it

However I got some of the settings changed:

0.5x egg ratio (which means double)

2x crop maturing time

1.5x XP gain

2x ressource gain

0.75x ressources respawn (which is faster)

10x mating time (so I don't have to spam "all stay put" for 1 minute); no effect on mating interval tough

and of course I slowed down maturing so i can imprint my dinos

Sometimes, I can go for a while without using the console commands, but eventually I give in. lol

1 hour ago, StarMerc89 said:

Sometimes, I can go for a while without using the console commands, but eventually I give in. lol

I don't get the point of playing ANY game when cheating... it's not like receiving the Spider Trophy is worth anything when you cheated you way there... it's like cheating the trophy itself

I also liked playing on PVP servers with friends... but solo it's impossible and also with friends again ppl who have a head start and don't like anyone to join "their" server

Wife and I play pvp small tribes, just love the pvp aspect and loot. I work full time and we have two young kids so only play 2 to 4 hours a night. When it comes to pvp in a very small tribe we've found it's all about where you build and what you prioritise. We have found a nice little spot where it can only be accessed by bird and by the time it renders in chances are the turrets have you. This has kept us wipe free for about three weeks now, new record for us ?

i like PVE for :  The community, all trade we can do, helping other people and get help by other people, i can have just a simple base and focus more on environnement.

i don't like PVE for : Sometimes it's boring (after a lot of hours), this f****** tame cap, pillar everywhere and can't do anything for that, player who steal things and i can't do anything too.

i like PVP for : That really fun to raid base and destroy/kill structures/dinos, to fight agains't player and create real attack strats, to defend your base agains't attack and create real def strats.

i don't like PVP for : It's not balanced sometimes, it's maybe impossible to grow up in a server where people kill every new players who try to survive agains't big tribe, need to farm too much, for defenses/raiding stuff, and tame dinos at the same time 

I prefer PVE

Pve I have a great group of tribe mates and allies we've met while playing thru the years. Plenty of projects to work on... Being breeding to boss fight setups, cave run strategy's. Mucking around having fun. With pve I don't have to get on everyday or spend countless hours grinding to loose everything. I just really enjoy the laid back nature of it having fun with my friends.

Guess I'm not motivated enough to grind every 2 days or so to build a new base and tame 300 more dinos. I am too attached to what I get, so I personally prefer PvE. Ofc PvP things (like being able to pick up wild dinos and such) can be cool, but overall it's just too risky. And some players can be real pain even in PvE, I play the game to enjoy it and to have a good time with friends.

If I want some pain and suffering I might as well start CSGO and suffer there.

Archived