Do you prefer PVE or PVP?

StarMerc89

I'm 99% PVE.

Depends on the type of PVP though. I enjoyed Halo multiplayer for a decade because there was barely any mental pvp, it's 90% twitch based action pvp. In that case the other players could just as well be a well tuned AI.

When mental pvp is introduced in any significant quantity I tune out totally. 

Plus I like extended farming journeys and building sessions and not too many pvpers can sit through them without their pants ants getting riled up, and then I find a giga traipsing through my peaceful harvesting army.

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

PvE for sure. This is not a suprise to anyone who knows my posts. I couldn't survive on offical PVP these days.. not enough time to play

that's why I play single player... I got about 1k hours on PVP (some prim+), probably more, but I can not be bothered playing a game where 90% of the features are unavailable because if you do them, someone will just wipe out your process while you sleep... no matter if offline or clubbed (broken club is just DILO)

Pvp always. I like the pve aspect but once you get a base built up and have a big tribe with all your tames, theyre is no reason to breed for new high levels in pve. where as in pvp your always striving to try to get 1 up on the enemy or possible enemies. Always room to make your defenses better and raise higher stat tames.

2 minutes ago, TriKruReaper said:

Pvp always. I like the pve aspect but once you get a base built up and have a big tribe with all your tames, theyre is no reason to breed for new high levels in pve. where as in pvp your always striving to try to get 1 up on the enemy or possible enemies. Always room to make your defenses better and raise higher stat tames.

Yeah, I agree: at some point there is on progression to be made in PVE or SP... but in PVP there is no progression unless

- you have a big tribe

- play on a frequently or at least recently wiped server

- both

My clan mostly consists of RL friends and we played a fair bit of PvP back when we all played Ark but since the tribe split, I spend out my days hosting PvE for a small community. It requires the least amount of effort to maintain and because I play other games more than Ark, it made the most sense to stay that way.

PVE, but on unofficial with wild pickup (and other modifications). 

I recently discovered that on clustered maps, tribes don't stick across maps, so the small group that I play with have plans to convert one of our clustered servers into an "events" PVP server. 

First "event" is a clean Island map with uploads/downloads disabled and no tribes. So 5-6 of us on the Island, all starting naked on the beach, but with full PVP. Gives the thrill of PVP but the safety of PVE on our other clustered maps. 

I like the PVP mechanics and playing against other people but its close to impossible to play PVP on official servers now a days.  I wont say all but most Mega tribes have 100's of players and all they do is just fill up the server so that no one can log on to defend. Only a matter of time before its gone, but that's if your lucky enough to even get started on a PVP without being base wiped and dino's killed daily, don't know how it is on a small tribe server.   PVE is what I play now and don't even really play all that much anymore.

Normally 100% PvP official servers (conquest for much less cheating). Long time ago I learned what I love about survival genre games. That is the thrill of the challenge of surviving with odds against you. The Ark environment poses no threat. Its the threat of other humans that is the truly scary element. So striving to survive against constant human aggression is what I enjoy.

Now I wish someone would create an unofficial server that is pve 27 days a month with 3 being a pvp purge event. I would try that.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Normally 100% PvP official servers (conquest for much less cheating). Long time ago I learned what I love about survival genre games. That is the thrill of the challenge of surviving with odds against you. The Ark environment poses no threat. Its the threat of other humans that is the truly scary element. So striving to survive against constant human aggression is what I enjoy.

Now I wish someone would create an unofficial server that is pve 27 days a month with 3 being a pvp purge event. I would try that.

Purge would only be on weekends

and PVP on all time, but no structure damage

Archived