Valentines day

WaightZer

I'm not too worried about breeding, mating and maturing as I play a private server (but ofc I'm not begrudging it anyone else), so what I'm really the most hopeful for is the Valentine's Day we had way back when, with chocolate drops :D 

Looking at it now, the wiki says the events have been similar the last couple of years although the one I'm talking about was an update for everyone (and the following few had to be activated which I couldn't do on my server that doesn't run SteamCMD). But with the new (AMAZING ❤️❤️❤️ ) event system where it's so easy to activate it, I have high hopes I'll be able to take part in the event again this year.

PS. Have I mentioned how ❤️❤️❤️ AMAZING ❤️❤️❤️ I think the new event system is? :P It's really great how easy an event is to add - just a command line entry when starting the server. I'm really happy and grateful the devs listened in to the community in this case!

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

I'm not too worried about breeding, mating and maturing as I play a private server (but ofc I'm not begrudging it anyone else), so what I'm really the most hopeful for is the Valentine's Day we had way back when, with chocolate drops :D 

Looking at it now, the wiki says the events have been similar the last couple of years although the one I'm talking about was an update for everyone (and the following few had to be activated which I couldn't do on my server that doesn't run SteamCMD). But with the new (AMAZING ❤️❤️❤️ ) event system where it's so easy to activate it, I have high hopes I'll be able to take part in the event again this year.

PS. Have I mentioned how ❤️❤️❤️ AMAZING ❤️❤️❤️ I think the new event system is? :P It's really great how easy an event is to add - just a command line entry when starting the server. I'm really happy and grateful the devs listened in to the community in this case!

Was that the event that gave you a box of chocolates that could be used when taming and breeding? I remember the box would instantly fill half of the tame bar when the dino was knocked out. 

3 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Was that the event that gave you a box of chocolates that could be used when taming and breeding? I remember the box would instantly fill half of the tame bar when the dino was knocked out. 

Exactly! They could also be used to "create" a heart emote to use in game. I really like events with special items (like the Christmas decorations in Winter Wonderland) so hoping for something like that for Valentine's Day :)

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

Exactly! They could also be used to "create" a heart emote to use in game. I really like events with special items (like the Christmas decorations in Winter Wonderland) so hoping for something like that for Valentine's Day :)

Yeah! Still have that heart emote. Snowball emote is still my favourite 

Oh man, the box of chocolates were amazing.  Not sure if they do that every year, but they've done it at least twice.  For everyone who's not familiar with it,  Breeding dinos have a chance to drop a box of chocolates instead of an egg which you can feed a dino while taming and it would fill the taming bar 1/2 way.  Huge benefit for crazy hard/long tames like the Theri.  What we would do is create a large pen of small easy tamed dinos like Dodos and Dilos and just put them all on wander. Then periodically check for boxes in the pen. It was really fun.  I think I need to go and get some more dilos and dodos in the next couple of weeks in anticipation ?

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Oh man, the box of chocolates were amazing.  Not sure if they do that every year, but they've done it at least twice.  For everyone who's not familiar with it,  Breeding dinos have a chance to drop a box of chocolates instead of an egg which you can feed a dino while taming and it would fill the taming bar 1/2 way.  Huge benefit for crazy hard/long tames like the Theri.  What we would do is create a large pen of small easy tamed dinos like Dodos and Dilos and just put them all on wander. Then periodically check for boxes in the pen. It was really fun.  I think I need to go and get some more dilos and dodos in the next couple of weeks in anticipation ?

I believe it also healed tames at first implementation too? I loved those chocolates. I played official the first vday and man. 

The only downside was that was the start of the capped servers. 

26 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I believe it also healed tames at first implementation too? I loved those chocolates. I played official the first vday and man. 

I think you're right, but who in their right mind would use it for that? LOL I guess if you had buckets of them, but they were also great to use in trades!

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

I think you're right, but who in their right mind would use it for that? LOL I guess if you had buckets of them, but they were also great to use in trades!

We did, used to kill a wild 140 giga with my old giga before all the big lines were around :P We had an alt tribe of dodos for specifically farming these

Archived