Structures plus added to base game

Bigboss84

6 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Most of the to be added building structures seem to be pointless and only for PVE / Roleplayer purposes. The 4x wall though might help reduce lag on large bases. Shame there is no Behemoth Wall its well overdue.

Yeah triangle stackable foundations serve no purpose in PvP. Who needs honeycoming when you can just mesh your enemies, right?

1 hour ago, Bigboss84 said:

I don’t see what would be so bad about foundation stacking. Conan Exiles allowed it sense day one. 

Personally, it’s always been a horrible pet-peeve of mine to finish building a place, just to walk inside and see grass clipping up through my floor. 

I have such a hatred for that. 

Conan let's you adjust foundation height before placing in an easy way. Ark dosen't.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:34 AM, Zahlea said:

Aaaww, I was also looking forward to this! Sad to hear that it was broken. Do you know in what way?

It's not broken as in doesn't work but more cos it breaks PvP as you can encase things like generators & vaults etc in stacked foundations, while it would be OP if implemented into official where you won't have the transfer tool so would need to break something to be able to access whatever is hidden it's even more OP on unofficials with S+ where you can place a generator down,  place internal wiring on all your foundations around it (the foundation needs to be destroyed to break the wiring) put gas in the generator and turn it on then drop a vault onto it, encase it all in stacked metal foundations, makes it very difficult to raid, especially with S+ turrets which have higher bullet capacity, the transfer tool makes it possible to add gas to the generator and store/remove items in the vault without even needing to access them

They should be added for PvE use though as they kind of make building large bases easier, I say kind of as I've always found the snap points in S+ even more janky than vanilla structures, if you're not building on even-ish ground then a lot of the time you can have a solid green outline on a foundation only for it to snap underneath an existing one that is nowhere near where you tried to place it, if they were implemented then I trust Wildcard would convert them to use vanilla snap points so they're only mildly frustrating ?

27 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

It's not broken as in doesn't work but more cos it breaks PvP as you can encase things like generators & vaults etc in stacked foundations, while it would be OP if implemented into official where you won't have the transfer tool so would need to break something to be able to access whatever is hidden it's even more OP on unofficials with S+ where you can place a generator down,  place internal wiring on all your foundations around it (the foundation needs to be destroyed to break the wiring) put gas in the generator and turn it on then drop a vault onto it, encase it all in stacked metal foundations, makes it very difficult to raid, especially with S+ turrets which have higher bullet capacity, the transfer tool makes it possible to add gas to the generator and store/remove items in the vault without even needing to access them

They should be added for PvE use though as they kind of make building large bases easier, I say kind of as I've always found the snap points in S+ even more janky than vanilla structures, if you're not building on even-ish ground then a lot of the time you can have a solid green outline on a foundation only for it to snap underneath an existing one that is nowhere near where you tried to place it, if they were implemented then I trust Wildcard would convert them to use vanilla snap points so they're only mildly frustrating ?

Ah, then I understand. Thanks! :)

Although somehow, I feel that it shouldn't be that hard just to add to the implementation that a foundation is not allowed to be placed if something else is already on the foundation... I mean, they have already implemented that the player character can block builds so why not actual structures? ?

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

Ah, then I understand. Thanks! :)

Although somehow, I feel that it shouldn't be that hard just to add to the implementation that a foundation is not allowed to be placed if something else is already on the foundation... I mean, they have already implemented that the player character can block builds so why not actual structures? ?

The foundations can't be stacked on other structures but can be built around them so you need a minimum 3x3 to box a generator in like this, vaults can already be dropped onto generators to give extra protection so it's nothing to do with S+, I left the 2 foundations out at the front but you get the idea, once that's done you can increase the footprint and build up so there's more foundations/ceilings that don't lead directly to the vault/generator

fvq6a.jpg

11 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

The foundations can't be stacked on other structures but can be built around them so you need a minimum 3x3 to box a generator in like this, vaults can already be dropped onto generators to give extra protection so it's nothing to do with S+, I left the 2 foundations out at the front but you get the idea, once that's done you can increase the footprint and build up so there's more foundations/ceilings that don't lead directly to the vault/generator

fvq6a.jpg

Doh! Ofc, my bad ?‍♀️ Yeah, then my solution won't work at all... Hmmm, that's tricky. I understand why it is as it currently is. I'll have to keep thinking to try to come up with something :P

On 1/25/2019 at 12:47 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Conan let's you adjust foundation height before placing in an easy way. Ark dosen't.

I’m not sure where you’re going with this, but yes, that is true. You can adjust the height of the foundation in Conan’s Exiles before you place it. They also let you stack foundations. 

2 things Ark doesn’t let you do. 

2 minutes ago, Bigboss84 said:

I’m not sure where you’re going with this, but yes, that is true. You can adjust the height of the foundation in Conan’s Exiles before you place it. They also let you stack foundations. 

2 things Ark doesn’t let you do. 

Just starting a fact about the limits of Ark's building system  (s+ or no s+).

The s+ foundation stacking can be buggy, you will try every angle to place and it just will not despite being green.

14 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Just starting a fact about the limits of Ark's building system  (s+ or no s+).

The s+ foundation stacking can be buggy, you will try every angle to place and it just will not despite being green.

Yeah, snappoint building systems are buggy and often times frustrating. Vanilla and S+ are both guilty of that because it’s just the nature of the beast.

i personally can’t stand the way ceiling tiles don’t line up with foundation tiles or the fact that getting pillers to place in a way that doesn’t have them sticking up through the floor at all takes some extreamly precise placement after placing a sacrificial piller where you absolutely do not want it. Making it feel less like you’re using the building system properly and more like you’re trying to exploit a glitch. 

I honestly, hate the snap points in Ark. there’s some many that overlap each other but are off by like an inch that can make you’re whole build look ridiculous if you aren’t careful, snap in ways that make you cock your head to the side and ask “Why would anyone have ever wanted that?”, and frankly creat their own glitches like being able to layer 4-5 walls on what should be only one snap point.

Sure, S+ isn’t perfect, but in a lot of ways. It’s closer to perfect than vanella. 

23 minutes ago, Bigboss84 said:

snappoint building systems

I guess other than placing pre-built structures there aren't really any unique and awesome building systems. There was one that wasn't intuitive, but once you got it so fast (solace crafting).

I do like s+ over vanilla, but I do use a mix of both depending on what I am doing.

Archived