Items keep disappearing

MazikeenHellfire

Hey all, 

So i have this problem that my items keep disappearing. I have my own server, i have deleted mods, installed them again, or just deleted them completely. But i still can't find the issue. Things like stone, wood etc. they all stay. My armor that i am wearing stays. Meat and berry's stay aswell. But ammo in turrets, my tools, weapons, armor in inventory, crafted items, not only in my inventory but everywhere, smithy, animals, storage, they all disappear every time i relogg. I hope that someone can help me out.

Greetings

Not sure how this update is also affecting unofficial servers but, this is a problem that is happened everywhere with everyone. Everyones loosing everything-dinos, fertalized eggs, blueprints, their characters whole inventory, cryo pods.. everything. They say they are working on a fix now but many servers are still down...

3 hours ago, WillowLynn said:

Not sure how this update is also affecting unofficial servers but, this is a problem that is happened everywhere with everyone. Everyones loosing everything-dinos, fertalized eggs, blueprints, their characters whole inventory, cryo pods.. everything. They say they are working on a fix now but many servers are still down...

That affected only items put into storage for cross ark etc though? 

I've noticed it too, quite frequently lately. It's more of "invisible items" which makes it annoying actually.

The current workaround to register it properly is to drop it after typing the filter in your inventory then drop it as a box then pick it back up so it says "ADDED: X Item". Tedious and irritation will set in soon as it happens a lot.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We're getting hit with this bug in my friend's server. ? Private server, PVE, no chance of anything getting stolen but when we log in all of our crafted items in our inventory and storage containers disappear. If I craft replacement tools, the old ones reappear but are stuck and I can't equip, move, or drop them (and they still take up weight). My friend also spawns outside of our base when she logs in.

• 3 months later...

On official Valguero,  I've been having this issue.  I've had 2 dino's go missing on me, one before my eyes.

While we were all goofing off one time as well,  my armor just up and vanished,  I couldn't see it on my body nor on my character however 1 tribemate could see it,  for me it didn't exist in the inventory,  even take all wouldn't let me me get it, they had to litterally take it and stick it in a different container before I could get it.

I've felt like i've lost a few items along the way up to that point too besides the two dino's.  knew that dino's were a issue but it didn't seem to be a very large issue (yet) on the server, though one of the two i lost was my best anky... sad days.  Haven't had any placed building pieces vanish, but i have noticed that some building pieces seem to get damage from nowhere. 

I think the disapearing / invisible item issue needs to be addressed asap, thats def.  a game breaking bug.

Yesterday I had a similar thing happen.  I was doing a normal meat run and had an argy on follow to carry and extra 300 stacks of meat.   It had some stacks of structures and armor already on it ,  when I went to load the troughs I grabbed the whole inventory and moved the meat,  saw no structures or armor,  it had vanished.  So I opened the argent’s inventory and clicked move all from mine to its and the stuff I couldn’t see in my inventory showed up in the argent.

i would suggest when people see this happening to try to move whole inventories to other storage and see if they can get it to reappear.

if you are wearing something you can’t see but a tribemate can,  have them Tranq you and take it off you.

today i had something rather weird happen and im wondering if its related to the vanishing items.

So i hopped on Valguero, in the first 5 minutes of being on, a Compound bow magically appeared in my inventory.  Second thing that happened I was out laying foundations and ... a ramshackle flamethrower appeared in my inventory. Neither item had any reason to of popped into my inventory, though im grateful for the bow, something weird happened.

anyhow, besides the vanishing stuff i mentioned before On Official Valguero, this is the only other totally strange thing to go on thus far.

today I rage quit the game, one of my tribemates has been trying to get me to come back in.

2 wyvern I've been raising vanished from my cryofridge.  lvl 155 and 150.  Pods & wyvern gone. 

Official PVE server.

D1nk seems to think someone stole them but highly unlikely as they would of stolen all the empty pods as well as the other dino's inside the cryofridge, the thieves just can't help themselves.  not to mention that the building was locked and so was the cryofridge.  Thieves always leave tell tail signs behind that they've been in your base, for instance all the poly would of been gone as well that I had there.

Anyhow that makes 4 dino's now that have vanished, but the wyvern vanishing while in cryopods and the pods with them, that just totally pisses me off.

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

today I rage quit the game, one of my tribemates has been trying to get me to come back in.

2 wyvern I've been raising vanished from my cryofridge.  lvl 155 and 150.  Pods & wyvern gone. 

Official PVE server.

D1nk seems to think someone stole them but highly unlikely as they would of stolen all the empty pods as well as the other dino's inside the cryofridge, the thieves just can't help themselves.  not to mention that the building was locked and so was the cryofridge.  Thieves always leave tell tail signs behind that they've been in your base, for instance all the poly would of been gone as well that I had there.

Anyhow that makes 4 dino's now that have vanished, but the wyvern vanishing while in cryopods and the pods with them, that just totally pisses me off.

If you plan to call people out on posts best to use @ feature so we know :)

Good luck man hope it gets sorted for all these people here

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Mng4life said:

Dinos. Items. All gone and it happen very often. So pissed off.

Are you playing official? Modded server? Singleplayer?

PARTICULARLY if it's modded singleplayer, and if they're modded items. You might be loading the game while the mods are updating, since ARK makes them inactive while they do so and has NO WARNING that you're about to load into the game with a previously loaded mod not active (unless you catch the tiny updating text in the bottom corner). If that is the case; try keep an eye out for that little text. If it's not modded items? Idk sorry. Just wanted to mention what could be a possible cause.

Archived