Ark Official Server Network Status: Offline

Crom80

Today my server was taken down without warning. Please make sure we get the fifteen minute warning to cry babies. This is especially important when a client side update is required and the server could come back online while I'm still trying to update my game client. The network is now offline and I won't be surprised if all my Rex babies are dead from starvation.

4 minutes ago, Crom80 said:

Today my server was taken down without warning. Please make sure we get the fifteen minute warning to cry babies. This is especially important when a client side update is required and the server could come back online while I'm still trying to update my game client. The network is now offline and I won't be surprised if all my Rex babies are dead from starvation.

Pretty sure we got a warning?

They were taken offline because anything uploaded was deleted, tames items and characters. If you uploaded anything, it disappeared forever, including characters when transferring to other  servers.

It was better to shut everything down instantly and do a full rollback (all servers including upload servers) once the issue is fixed.

8 minutes ago, Spoon408 said:

Is that rollback speculation or was already communicated?

Considering how relatively fast the issue was identified and the substantial losses many players faced from transfers, a full rollback is the most reasonable course of action. It was not communicated by the devs but it is very logical to speculate a rollback happening soon.

19 minutes ago, Spoon408 said:

Is that rollback speculation or was already communicated?

Speculation/suggestion, but imo, the safest course of action, and the least impact on player base. 

Fixing whatever is going down on the upload server is the real problem though.

If it takes too long though they should roll back the game version and postpone the patch till Tuesday? 

@Jatheish

8 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Speculation/suggestion, but imo, the safest course of action, and the least impact on player base.

Oh ok.had to ask cause u wrote it as if that as given. Meaning I was not aware of hot news

9 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Fixing whatever is going down on the upload server is the real problem though.

Yap, completely agree. But, that does not disable what started this thread. A request for a notification of servers down with some time for precautions (and again making it clear, if rollback wasn't intended)

7 minutes ago, Spoon408 said:

Yap, completely agree. But, that does not disable what started this thread. A request for a notification of servers down with some time for precautions (and again making it clear, if rollback wasn't intended)

They posted on twitter 5 mins before servers went down and made the announcement here. Dunno why one didn't go out in game tbh. It should have.

Archived