Water tame

JuicyPineappl3

I currently have a high 100 Basilosaurus, the ones you see with a bunch of mantas/ichthys/sharks following it. It's an absolute beast and I was able to brute-force my way through both of the underwater caverns with it (though the Caverns of Lost Hope gave me a run for my money). Basilo's have a mechanic that grants them rapid health regen when at a certain point underwater, increasing the closer you are to the surface, and they also grant you extra insulation. This makes them pretty useful for long trips and constant fighting, as they can easily heal on their own, but it's always faster if you feed them meat as well. Aside from that, Basilosauruses are immune to torpor damage, jellyfish stun, and squid grab, which makes them basically invulnerable to the uncommon dangers of the sea. My Billy is currently max-level with about 40k HP and 2.5k melee, and I have no trouble killing Alpha Mosas, though it does take a while.

Taming them is easy enough, but is often a little more tricky. They are passive tamed with meat, but every time you feed them, every hostile underwater carnivore in the area will swarm you - bring a shark to clear out the manta hordes and other deep sea predators and protect against anything else. Aside from that, be aware of the regular issues of the ocean - temperature, oxygen, and your own food and water.

A good tame is a basilo. It is immune to Cnidarias and Eel stuns, as well to the grab attack of a Tuso. It can be easily tamed with meat and a Bary. When you see a Basilo, it is swarmed by MAntas and Dolphins. With the stun attack of the Bary, you can easily take out the MAntas. Also it has good health and melee, but stamina is a bit lacking. 

Another recommendable mount would be the Bary itself. It is fast, can be used on land as well and can stun small, medium and some small ceratures (biggest is a Dunki, i think, but jellyfish cannot be stunned, so be careful with those). When your Bary has low health, just go kill some small fish and you can regenerate health very fast. It is also a good mount for some cave runs.

Never had a Tuso or a Mosa, so i cannot tell you something about those.

Basi is the way to go for the caves imo. Tuso is also great (especially against alphas) and has more hp/melee/speed but harder to tame then the Basi. If a group of Eels attack the Tuso they go to the centre of your tame so you cant reach them with your melee attack and you cant swim away because you get stuck in the Eels. So for me its a Basi for the caves and Tuso for the alphas and swimming around.

Archived